can't decide between Record Power or Charnwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

help me out here would you am looking at getting a new bandsaw and can't decide between record power bs300e /bs350s or the Charnwood B300 or the b350 am prob going for the larger size but really can't decide on make i have a couple of record power tools so i know they are built to last but no experience with Charnwood

cheers del {don't wont to go over the £800 mark}

I've had the record bs 300 bandsaw for nearly 20 years. I've replaced the drive belt and that's it. I would highly recommend Record. Their service backup is good too. I've never owned Charnwood kit so cannot comment on them.

I have a Record Band Saw, can't remember what model it is without going down to the cabin but it is a floor standing one so not the smallest and it really isn't the best, I sure there are a lot better out there.

Hi All

help me out here would you am looking at getting a new bandsaw and can't decide between record power bs300e /bs350s or the Charnwood B300 or the b350 am prob going for the larger size but really can't decide on make i have a couple of record power tools so i know they are built to last but no experience with Charnwood

cheers del {don't wont to go over the £800 mark}
I have neither but is there a clue as to their ancestry in the model numbers?

I did notice when I wrote the post but I don't know anyone with a Charwood bandsaw to ask what they are like and don't want to spend that amount of money and wish I went for the other headache lol

I bought a Charnwood W730 second hand about 8 years ago, how old it was by then, I've no idea, and the only thing wrong was guide bearings needed changing (twice) and new blades fitted when required.

Back