Record #4, 12mm Chisel & 2 Honing Guides Seek New Owner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeathRobinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Through much cajoling on Mrs. Robinson's part I have finally been persuaded to get some new hand tools to replace the 2nd hand ones I have been using. I'm quite stuck for space as I literally work in the lounge and store the tools in a small space in the under stairs cupboard! So the extras must find new homes. So, without further delay, may I present to you this motley selection of hand toolage for your virtual perusal.

I considered giving them away to a fellow woodworking newbie but I'm not sure where Miss. Robinson's cajoling of me to buy tools ends and her complaining about me buying tools starts so I'm going to ask a token amount per item so that I can put those tokens back into my tool piggy bank in an attempt to ensure that the cajoling continues.

How about a couple of quid per honing guide. I'll clean off the waterstone mud! I promise! :lol: A tenner or so for the plane. It's a little pitted and banged about from it's previous owner but thanks to woodbloke's help it still works nicely. I date it from the 1960's for those with an interest in that sort of thing. A freshly ground and honed blade and the chisel for free to whoever buys the plane. Postage is on a cost only basis.

ForSale.jpg

Simon - good to hear that you're being cajoled by Miss R to get some better stuff. However, I'd keep the plane and the chisel for those crappy DIY sort of jobs around the house where you'd be loathe to take a shiny new LN to it...taking the bottom of a paint encrusted door for example. LN chisels though are good for lifting vinyl floors btw :lol:
I've all my 'best' tools in the shop, but I also have another more basic set in a tin toolbox in the house for this sort work - Rob

Thanks for the bump Rob, but I still intend to make some space by getting rid of these if anyone's interested. I have enough odds and ends to help me in getting old paint tins open and the like. I'd be inclined to run the Festool along the bottom edge of the hypothetical door in your other example. I'm sure there are other reasons to keep them but right now I'm keeping my new tools in their boxes on the floor because there isn't space in my cupboard! :lol:

PS. Laughed out loud upon seeing the latest bloke blog entry :lol: You could always go with one of the circular saws as a finger nail trimmer for a more complete grooming set. The various sanding machines too make excellent albeit very elaborate tooth brushes. Who needs a shower when a quick once over with the shop vac / dust extraction will do? Come clean everyone, the jig is up, really this forum is all about male grooming isn't it?

woodbloke":1chpos2y said:
Simon - good to hear that you're being cajoled by Miss R to get some better stuff. However, I'd keep the plane and the chisel for those crappy DIY sort of jobs around the house where you'd be loathe to take a shiny new LN to it...taking the bottom of a paint encrusted door for example. LN chisels though are good for lifting vinyl floors btw :lol:
I've all my 'best' tools in the shop, but I also have another more basic set in a tin toolbox in the house for this sort work - Rob

Back