Record 044 Blade Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saint Simon

Established Member
Reaction score
We have an on-going problem in school with loosing the blade clamps from our Record 044 plough planes.
Can anyone please tell me if the clamp from the 043 can be substituted on the 044.
thanks
Simon

I believe they are identical (but as it's the middle of the night over here I'm not going out to the shed to double check).

I think BugBear has produced a drawing, should you wish to make replacement clamps (maybe you have a metalwork class?).

Cheers, Vann.

Yes, they are in theory and normal practice interchangeable.

However, there was some variation over the Record 43 and 44's long production run and it is possible to get one that fits some, but not all.

Great planes, both - but which genius decided on a removable blade clamp.........................

I'd have the little beggars sign for tools before they use them and then you can hopefully keep track of it's last known location before any loss or damage. :evil:

One good aspect of the #040, #043 & #044 blade clamp is it's interchangeable and pretty easily made in any reasonable school metalwork shop. Very well worthwhile producing a small batch for future use. Just replace the originals with your school made copies (Tethered to the plane body in some way) and you're good to go in next to no time at very little comparative cost to any previously bought replacement parts. :)

Latest posts

Back