Recommend a courier.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cgarry":2z8lle5o said:
I have had problems with myHermes just throwing packages over a 6 foot gate into my back garden when I am not at home for the delivery. This even happened with a package marked as fragile and resulted in the contents being broken. This is down to the individual driver I know, but despite my complaints to myHermes this has continued to happen.
Think yourself lucky at least you got it :lol:

cgarry":2hfo9bgr said:
I have had problems with myHermes just throwing packages over a 6 foot gate into my back garden when I am not at home for the delivery. This even happened with a package marked as fragile and resulted in the contents being broken. This is down to the individual driver I know, but despite my complaints to myHermes this has continued to happen.

I've had the exact same thing. Two packages survived, although one of them had something loose which I don't know if it was caused by the fall or not, still got a refund.

One was a route plane which broke, caused by the fall and very poor packaging.

In all cases they faked my signature.

And yes it's down to the individual courier, who I understand are all "self-employed".

If you think throwing it over the garden gate is bad enough, how about throwing it over the house!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... ns-4033898

JohnPW":2j6y0i59 said:
cgarry":2j6y0i59 said:
......... Two packages survived, although one of them had something loose which I don't know if it was caused by the fall or not, still got a refund.
One was a route plane which broke, caused by the fall and very poor packaging.
In all cases they faked my signature.
Very poor delivery driver and a very poor sender!

I've had many items arrive in ridiculously inadequate packaging - several times they've been patched by the PO.

One, a small but very expensive rare book, arrived just in a letter envelope, no extra protection just stuffed in an ordinary envelope. Needless to say all the corners were bumped which reduced it's worth considerably. Thankfully it was an eBay/PayPal buy so I got my money back.

Latest posts

Back