Recent efforts in the workshop ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for the kind comments.
David - more (WIP) pics of the side table here if you're interested:
http://www.tregarras.com/photos/v/woodworking/
Gary - it's an ultra lite. It's great - you'll enjoy it when you get it out the box! Yes I've used it a fair bit already - I love it. But I think it does need an aux fence like the one in the pics. The table and fence is home made. Two sheets of 3/4" MDF glued together. And then laminated and edged. Probably about my fifth table top but my best yet ;)!
Cheers
Gidon

Thanks for the link. Although the plan that I have uses biscuits I may convert it to a different construction method; biscuits seem to be so all or nothing, although I've used them a lot. The photos will be very useful under any eventuality. :)

David,

Biscuits would be fine for a small table like that. I made another small table just like this one a few years ago using just biscuits and it turned ok (plenty strong enough):

P9240559.jpg

(I don't stick all my side tables in the same spot to photograph them honest! It's just this table ended up in the children's bedroom and needed replacing!)

Cheers

Gidon

Back