Recent efforts in the workshop ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not getting as much time as I'd like to do woodwork or visit this forum recently, but I thought I'd show some recent small projects nonetheless.

First off a small Ash side table that I built to fill a space on the landing when I thought we'd be selling our house:

IMGP1983+copy.jpg

Next another photo frame. Cherry with Ebony inlay. I wish Cherry was a little cheaper:

IMG_6238.JPG

IMG_6240.JPG

Next a new router table top - laminated MDF, with my new Incra fence. And my added auxiliary fence with dust extraction (which works superbly I have to say).

IMGP1848_edited-1.jpg

IMGP1898_edited-1.jpg

And finally a long overdue (slightly crude) mitre table for my monster Bosch mitre saw. I worked it so the micro-adjust stop from the Scheppach sliding crosscut table fits it - very handy:

IMGP1246-1_edited-1.jpg

IMGP1247_edited-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Gidon

Gidon, nice stuff; like the ebony with the cherry especially. Cunning dodge on the mitre fence stop too.

Cheers, Alf

Very nice, Gidon =D>

As you know, I think you did a great job of the router table & mitre table, the other two projects look really good - I love the support for the photo frame 8)

Cheers,
Neil

Thanks chaps and chappette.
Neil - I have still have load of bits and pieces left from that US haul so will will have to start thinking creatively! That photo frame support idea I stole from somewhere - it's a great idea - I've always given my frames away just for hanging before.
Cheers
Gidon

Nice table Gidon, clean simple lines.
I'm curious, at the back of the frame you have a wooden stand, what's the 'D' ring for?

Dom

I would say thats an alternative mounting in case he changes the picture or hangs the frame on the wall.

Gidon

Lovely looking table, simple in design but very attractive. The picture frame is also nicely made. All that and still finding time to do some WS mods.

Thanks again all of you.
Alan - only way I can get tight mitres is with a shooting board.
Dom - yep as tiler guessed it's because I made it as a present and wanted to leave options open. That's why the back is removeable too.
Next project should really be a new shed - mine is falling apart!
Cheers
Gidon

Gidon,
If cherry was cheaper it would become ubiquitous and loose its appeal :wink:
Nice work

Andy

gidon, great projects. Interesting to see what you did with the Bosch. I am thinking of doing something similar (If we ever sort out this move).

Lovely work all round, very "crisp". You do need to track down an opposite reading tape measure to the one you've got before you crick your neck trying to read it :)

Alan

Thanks.
Alan - you're right - that cut up tape measure was only meant to be temporary but it works ok! (For some reason I get some version of a tape measure with some gimmick or another every Christmas from someone - so I had a few to choose from!)
Never seen Woodbits - thanks Jeff.
Cheers
Gidon

I share admiration for your mitre joint with others. As I'm just about to start a coffee table in ash for our front room, I'll be referring to your side table picture. :)

Gidon,
that picture frame is just pure quality hats off to you my friend !!

is that the incra ultra jig you have ? i have the ultra jig24" but alas i have yet to get it out of the box(long story-something to do with not having a workshop at the minute, but thats another post)
have you used it yet ?
router table top home made ? as i need one and yours looks good. :D

Back