Ready to buy a Record BS350. Any specials going?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteBowen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm ready to buy the Record BS350 bandsaw for my man-cave. Anyone know of any special offers on at the moment or coming up soon?

Thanks in advance.

If you go on to Record's website they usually have any upcoming shows/demonstrations listed. There is normally a worthwhile saving to be had by buying at the show. The only one I can think of off-hand is the D & M Tool Show in the autumn, Record are always there demonstrating and selling machines.

About those Tuffsaw blades.

Can anyone recommend a selection of 2 or 3 blades that'll cover most typical uses please?

If you're not used to bandsaws don't make the beginner's mistake of buying blades with too many teeth (as most of us have :D ). A two or three tpi wider blade for ripping, a narrower one for curves and if you do any dirty work - reclaimed timber or stumps for turning, anything like that - an M42 is well worth the extra cost. If you aim for accurate ripping it is worth keeping a blade for that purpose only, as cutting curves all the time will wear one side of the blade more quickly and it will tend not to cut true. The online catalogue has quite good descriptions, or email Tuffsaws for suggestions.

Back