RE: Treated wood for the Sole plate?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny1234

Reaction score
I'm building a toilet/shower building on my campsite. The bottom of the timber frame will be close to ground level. I'm thinking of laying my concrete slab, with the DPM underneath. Then bring the DPM up the sides of the slab, DPC on top, and then fix a treated soleplate on top. So, Slab - DPM - DPC - Soleplate.

What i'm thinking of doing is having a double soleplate. I'll fix a treated soleplate to the slab, with DPM & DPC underneath. I'll then lift timber frame panels in place and screw the untreated soleplate/frame to the treated soleplate. Effectively, giving me 2 soleplates, but the bottom soleplate thats nearest ground level being treated? Does this sound okay?

Also, do i need a double roof plate? Or, is single okay for a non residential dwelling?

Thanks in advance

The first parts just been through in a previous post answer no. You need a double head plate if the rafters dont line up with the studs. Thats plus a load of other things as there`s too little info in your question. all the best
rob

Back