Rayburn stove

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gus3049":3ltmamna said:
You also forgot to mention one important thing. The expression "in my opinion" or "in my experience" are perhaps not in your lexicon.
Everything I say is "in my opinion" or "in my experience". I thought that was a given and applies to all of us. I don't have access to absolute truth.
Your descriptions of 'problems' ring no bells with me and "in my experience" the way the ovens work is irrelevant. Only the results matter and I always found cast iron to be better than anything else. I have used just about every sort of oven on the market. As an ex kitchen designer / installer, I have had access to most. Oh and we do use Le Crueset and thats the way WE like to cook and it it still better on the Aga - in my opinion.

Have a nice day.
I've been around a bit too (in my opinion and/or in my experience :roll: ) and seen a few cookers and worked in a few kitchens.
The thing I like about our big Le Creuset pot is that you can cook a whole meal on the top of the stove set at it's lowest simmer setting. You could do the same on a Rayburn but it'd be consuming vast amounts of energy to do the job. 100 times as much?
You can also fry eggs, steaks, make toast etc on our cooker, which is difficult on a Rayburn/Aga. Madness!

Yes we will have a cheap electric oven and a good 5 burner Neff hob
In which case you don't really need a Rayburn.

Interesting to note that the cast iron stove makers have realised the weakness of the old pattern and now offer them with gas hobs, electric ovens and other combinations. The cast iron and enamel remain as a style statement but have no other point. They do look nice though.

Jacob":ehxxx9cs said:
gus3049":ehxxx9cs said:
[...
You also forgot to mention one important thing. The expression "in my opinion" or "in my experience" are perhaps not in your lexicon.
Everything I say is "in my opinion" or "in my experience". I thought that was a given and applies to all of us. I don't have access to absolute truth.
Your descriptions of 'problems' ring no bells with me and "in my experience" the way the ovens work is irrelevant. Only the results matter and I always found cast iron to be better than anything else. I have used just about every sort of oven on the market. As an ex kitchen designer / installer, I have had access to most. Oh and we do use Le Crueset and thats the way WE like to cook and it it still better on the Aga - in my opinion.

Have a nice day.
I've been around a bit too (in my opinion and/or in my experience :roll: ) and seen a few cookers and worked in a few kitchens.
The thing I like about our big Le Creuset pot is that you can cook a whole meal on the top of the stove set at it's lowest simmer setting. You could do the same on a Rayburn but it'd be consuming vast amounts of energy to do the job. 100 times as much?
You can also fry eggs, steaks, make toast etc on our cooker, which is difficult on a Rayburn/Aga. Madness!

Yes we will have a cheap electric oven and a good 5 burner Neff hob
In which case you don't really need a Rayburn.

You are still applying your standards to me and they are totally different. You want an easy life, I want quality. But quality, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You seem rather too keen to prove your point so carry on enjoying your MacDonalds lifestyle and I'll stick to my Mrs Beeton's without further discussion..

gus3049":3djjf32x said:

You are still applying your standards to me and they are totally different. You want an easy life, I want quality. But quality, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You seem rather too keen to prove your point so carry on enjoying your MacDonalds lifestyle and I'll stick to my Mrs Beeton's without further discussion..
So rather than drive one of these when you dash off to Waitrose:

29_11_23---Ford-Fiesta_web.jpg

you prefer one of these?

Burrell%20Traction%20E%20Lytham%20-%208-.jpg

I guess this 'discussion' is the equivalent for grown ups of:

'yo momma's so fat she can't shovel no coal into her Dibnahmobile' or
'yo Momma's so thin she can't pump no wholegrain organic gas at Waitrose into her Fiesta'.

Back