Rage 5s table saw bed warped?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geebee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've been adding a router bed to my rage 5s table saw today. Could not get the wooden router bed flush with the table saw bed. I was convinced the wood was warped.
However upon inspection of the table saw bed, it seems as though that is curved from front to back. See picture with a level on it.
PXL_20220730_134400635.jpg

PXL_20220730_134327968.jpg

Is this by design? Has anyone else got a rage 5s that could check?

It's just sloppy manufacturing. Things are budgeted towards a market section with an expectation that not many people will notice or complain. That bow isn't the end of the world for use as a lightweight sawbench, but it would bug me daily if the saw was mine! It's the principle.

Do you actually need to pass stock over both saw and router extension - don't they function in parallel?

It bugs me too now I know about it 😁

Never noticed before until I put the router table in.

When using the fence its fine, as the fence sits over the join between the router bed and saw bed.
The issue I'm seeing is when using a flush trim bit to freehand route as it snags on the high point in the middle of the saw bed when moving the piece around.

Maybe I can use this as an excuse to get an upgrade past the wife 😁

The issue I'm seeing is when using a flush trim bit to freehand route as it snags on the high point in the middle of the saw bed when moving the piece around.
Ahhh ... that's it, then. Get it on Gumtree & tell 'em what the 'fault' is - many people won't care if the price is right.

Ahhh ... that's it, then. Get it on Gumtree & tell 'em what the 'fault' is - many people won't care if the price is right.

I wouldn't even tell them the "fault" because it isn't, at least as far as the manufacturer is concerned and a buyer might assume YOU did it somehow.

How old is it - technically this could be inside the "not fit for use" realm of consumer standards as that bow is not insignificant, looks like about 4 mm over such a short distance of the bed of about 600mm?

I'd contact them and see what they say - certainly can't hurt.

Back