Radio Times 1923

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at our annual Radio Times purchase the other day (TV over xmas) and couldn't help thinking how inappropriate a title it was given the current content. I had assumed they are going for the Guinness longest running national publication, but have some way to go to catch up with the Times (1785).

My wife says there's a lot more in it than just the listings plus the content of upcoming radio programmes is given in greater detail than that given in papers. She listens to R4 more than she watches TV.

There's also a prize crossword which she has won once :)

We bought one of these to see what was on over Christmas. Radio times was £4! We bought some TV choice thing for £1 for two weeks of listings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phil.p":3ijmet3y said:
I wonder why anyone buys it anymore when the information is free online.

Although you're right, It doesn't seem the same, not having the paper to handle, (or even the book to read).
And the news sheet paper is handy round the house and workshop, disposable protected work area, etc, and jolly useful for lighting the homestead fires of a winters eve.
Rodders

Back