Detailed Robert Sorby Pro Edge Gouge Sharpening Leaflet (PDF Attached)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe.B14

Reaction score
Hiya all,

For anyone who uses the Robert Sorby Pro Edge, I found this a while back and thought it may be helpful for some 🙂

It’s an official Sorby leaflet, with detailed help guides on using the fingernail & long grind jigs.

I’ve also attached a PDF version for anyone who wishes to print for their workshed/shops
:)

Pics of each leaflet page:

PDF Version:
Robert Sorby Fingernail Leaflet v7 2.pdf (362.45 KB)

Guests do not have access to download attachments. Please log in and try again. 😟
Ahh I didn’t think about that :unsure: Umm are guests able to view the images? They are images of the same three pages, so they could download or screenshot those?

Unless anyone know of a different way?

When I click on the image I get the " Guests do not have access to download attachments. Please log in and try again."
Oh no! This forum must have a setup that only member can view media attachments then. I can’t seem too see another way of sharing it on here, sorry 😔

It’s a good guide, it was posted here a long time (that’s how I got it). It should really be provided with the pro edge, I’ve had 2 here (one was mine and other was nephews). Both came with a pretty basic instruction manual.
If it is on the Sorby site, it must be well hidden as I’ve never seen it.
Either that or I’m completely numb (could be either tbh)

It’s a good guide, it was posted here a long time (that’s how I got it). It should really be provided with the pro edge, I’ve had 2 here (one was mine and other was nephews). Both came with a pretty basic instruction manual.
If it is on the Sorby site, it must be well hidden as I’ve never seen it.
Either that or I’m completely numb (could be either tbh)
Totally agree! The pro edge is a brilliant piece of kit, but this would help every user I think.

I was really pleased when I stumbled across the YouTube video where the leaflet was mentioned. Luckily they put a copy of it in the description. (Unfortunately I can’t remember the video) However I’m happy I did create a copy, as I too have been unable to find it anywhere online.

Found the thread where I got the leaflet. Only last year…thought I’d had it longer than that. The images are big enough to read easily.
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/sorby-proset-measurements.141706/

Don’t mean to hijack/belittle your thread mate. Even though I don’t have a pro edge anymore, I appreciate you posting the info here and I’m sure many others do

Found the thread where I got the leaflet. Only last year…thought I’d had it longer than that. The images are big enough to read easily.
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/sorby-proset-measurements.141706/

Don’t mean to hijack/belittle your thread mate. Even though I don’t have a pro edge anymore, I appreciate you posting the info here and I’m sure many others do
Ohhh yeah. Wow I’ve searched high and low for another copy haha 😅

Honestly it’s no worries at all mate, I’m just glad it’s out there.

Hopefully this PDF version will be slightly better for printing 😊

Files attached:
Robert Sorby Fingernail leaflet
2024 Proedge Instructions

Attachments

• Robert Sorby Fingernail Leaflet v7 2.pdf
    362.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024-PROEDGE-INSTRUCTIONS-WEB.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 0
Blister, you have misunderstood. The message was from the Robert Sorby forum not ukworkshop.
It's fairly standard to have to log in to a forum to use it's facilities rather than just read the posts.

Latest posts

Back