Quick peek around my Garage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filsgreen

Established Member
Reaction score
After much ](*,) I have finally managed to post pics, so I thought I would post some of my garage cum workshop.

Picture from garage door, I've just built the bench

shed10102008007.jpg

New Axminster TS200 the bench provides additional outfeed support.
shed10102008014-2.jpg

Power tool storage area, I'm going to put doors on this. you can see the pre cut wood for them

shed10102008012.jpg

Superior sound system. Who said cassettes were dead :oops: Can't do nothing about the white goods, they belong to the landlord :(

shed10102008006.jpg

I took fourteen photos but I think these three just about cover it, thanks for looking.

Phil

Looks nice,and very well organized - particularly like the toolbench,will be nice with the doors fitted :D

Andrew

Thanks for posting these photos Phil, i really enjoy seeing other folks workshops.
Nice to see the stereo taking prime position, i hate working without music. :evil:
It looks a really well organised workshop.
As for white goods, if its a fridge next to the washer, at least you`ve got storage for a cold one, or more. :lol:
If i can work out how to post photos, i`ll post some pics of my own soon. :roll:
James.

As I looked thru the pics, I thought, I'm gonna post saying it looks very organised and tidy, and read the previous comments afterwards! Evryone has said the same thing! I imagine it'll always look quite organised, however the tidyness won't be for long! My shop has dust lying around it, even after a sweep up!

Thanks for sharing the photo's and I look forward to seeing some work produced :wink:

Very nice Phil, it's amazing what one can get into a small space, mines much the same (though not as tidy :) ) I have to manouvre one machine in order to use another, anyway, that's an interesting spanner next to your claw hammer, I have'nt seen one like that before, what is the end opposite the jaws for?

Regards,

Rich.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Can't help keeping it clean, I think I've got OCD in the workshop. The little hoover is the most used thing :D .

Rich, the spanner is a Bahco adjustable and that end is used as an open ended spanner up to 13mm.

Unfortunately it is a freezer James :( .

Phil

Why did you get rid of the extension arms on the mitre saw stand

I've still got them Wizer, I'm still working out what goes best where. I think the mitre saw will stay where it is but I'll have to get castors or something so I can move it easily. the table that came with it folds in half and is a pain when you try to move it. I'm also thinking of try to inco-operate it into my bench. :?

Phil

yeh I thought about buying that one and using just the top on a roll around cart. Dunno why I didn't in the end, had a cheap moment I guess.

Nice workshop. You have got lots of storage space to work from. I am a bit concerned about the lack of dust there. :lol:
Owen

Nice ,

I like the tapes :lol: very retro :lol:

and the fridge " THIS MAN KNOWS HOW TO LIVE " is it full of BEER 8)

AND the tumble dryer :p , must be a tad noisy drying your timber blanks that way :wink:

Lastly , where do you keep the mess :?:

:D

Looks good - I'm impressed (same as everyone else!) with the tidiness, if I were to take a photo of my garage . workshop now it wouldn't be quite as tidy as that...! Although, having said that, if I were to post photos of my workshop I guess I'd make sure it looked as tidy as that before taking the photos!!

Ok, here is a before picture of the garage not long after we moved in. The box in the foreground is the thicknesser. You can see a garden shredder on the right hand side, that soon got dumped into the potting shed.

shed10102008003-1.jpg

Here is another pic where I hadn't put a load of extension leads where I needed them, hence the trail on the ground.

shed10102008001.jpg

but as I've mentioned previously, I'm fastidious about dust and rubbish lying about. :D

Phil

Nah, even the before pictures aren't as messy as my workshop. No matter how often I clean it, it is just as bad again the following day! Guess I shouldn't be so busy. :roll:

I can't believe how tidy other people's workshops are when I get to see photographs. Mine is I guess about the same size, but it looks more like those old pictures of Tutankhamen's tomb when the chamber was first opened, and I haven't even got a washing machine.

Can you come around and tidy mine up please?

Chris

Chris24":2qscawdz said:
I can't believe how tidy other people's workshops are when I get to see photographs.
Chris

It's all an illusion

Here's a pic of how I like mine to be seen, this was taken some time ago and I've had several re-arrangements since
2940758839_aa93407868.jpg

And here is a not uncommon site
2941610158_475aaeb486.jpg

:lol:

Latest posts

Back