question for the machine genies!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question whilst procrastinating from my studies...

got an old record tspp250 which needed stripping and bearings replaced, i only ever had time to do part one last year, and before i put it all back together id just like to clarify a couple of things:

- Are 2rs bearings the way to go with replacements in table saws? i bought NSK 2rs bearings for the shaft but they seem rather stiff to turn in the hand... is this normal? should i be opting for a different type of bearing? the ones i pulled out were sealed in that you couldnt see the individual BB's but not rubber

- If anyone is familiar with this process please do PM me with your wise words - bit out of my comfort zone here :shock:

Rubber sealed bearing are essential in most wood working machinery the only exception being if the design fundamentally prevents dust working into the bearings. Some original bearings will have one rubber seal on the dusty side and plain or a metal shield as this save micro pence in production. Commercially available standard bearing have the same type of shield on both sides.

ok good to know! are they usually quite stiff on first use? i'm gonna try and attach a picture of the ones that came out.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 96
Good tolerance and the grease used in assembly will make them feel like that, nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Back