Quesion about second hand values

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave261266

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Question for you.

I moved house at the beginning of the year and I had to place virtually my entire workshop into storage. I have gradually got all of the things that I need out but certainly for the forseeable future I will not have room for the table saw or planer/thicknesser so I am weighing up selling them against the cost of keeping them for a couple of years in storage.

Any idea what the going price would be for the following ?

1. Kity 619 tablesaw, with 2m sliding carriage and additional side table.
2. Sheppach HMS260 planer/thicknesser

They are both in very good condition, workshop was heated and not damp or anything. They have both been well used and I have never had any problems with either of them.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Dave

I've always worked on somewhere around 2/3's of new for kit. Sometimes forum members will pay more for stuff with provenance - i.e. it was purchased new by a forum member and will have been looked after, etc.

Or - you could stick it on the Bay and a lot of times, stuff like that will do good money. I would suggest you look for similar items on the Bay or use Goofbay.com as you can search for stuff sold in the last 90 days easily. That way you'll get an idea what it will fetch.

HIH

Dibs

p.s. To be honest if you can - I'd keep them in storage (somewhere). Otherwise not only will you take a loss on them, but get stung later on trying to buy good quality gear.

I've always found over here (Ireland) that I get a fairly decent amount of interest at about 60% of current new price for a piece of good quality kit in good clean condition (not heavily used, and no damage) for which there is a market.

You can maybe go up a little if you are prepared to wait, maybe quite a bit more on something in short supply for which there is a good demand...

ian

It looks like the Kity 619 is still purchasable and seems to be around the £1200 mark (inclusive of vat). I know I paid about £800 for the planer so if I was hoping to get around the £1000 mark for the pair would I be that far out ?

The trouble I have is that they are in storage and I can't get any pictures of them which is a bit of a pain.

Cheers

Dave

dave261266":jio7himb said:
It looks like the Kity 619 is still purchasable and seems to be around the £1200 mark (inclusive of vat). I know I paid about £800 for the planer so if I was hoping to get around the £1000 mark for the pair would I be that far out ?

The trouble I have is that they are in storage and I can't get any pictures of them which is a bit of a pain.

Cheers

Dave

If I didn't have already have a P\T and TS - I would have bit your hand off already as Roger said. I would probably price them at £1500 and then negotiate down. Starting at 1k - it's only going to go down.

Failing that stick them on the Bay - some folk here don't even stick stuff on the forum, preferring to stick it on the Bay, knowing that the audience there is far wider and therefore usually gets a higher price. The way you have to look at it is - folk here buy off the Bay, but folk from the Bay don't buy here!

HIH

Dibs.

p.s. in a few yrs time - you're going to have to stump up £2k (min) to replace the 2 machines. Not knowing the situation you're in - and assuming it's the space thing (or lack of) - I'd still keep them!

Don't forget though that eBay and Paypal will take their pound of flesh off you.

If you do decide to stick them for sale here, I suggest that you list them separately and also as a pair. If you just post them as a pair I can guarantee that someone will ask you to sell just the one.

RogerS":vjltwh75 said:
Don't forget though that eBay and Paypal will take their pound of flesh off you.

If you do decide to stick them for sale here, I suggest that you list them separately and also as a pair. If you just post them as a pair I can guarantee that someone will ask you to sell just the one.

I know what you mean Rog - but on things like that - I'd plain refuse to accept Paypal & ship them. Would put Local Pickup only and Cash on Collection on the ad.

Don't know what Ebay Fees are - but if they're 4-5%, that would be tolerable.

Dibs.

More like 10% IIRC and then you get clobbered by PayPal if the buyer uses his credit card.

Local collection is fine if you're within a reasonable catchment area.

Don't know whether FridayAd extends to Cambridge, but when we were moving house from Milton Keynes, I sold one or two things in there for sensible prices. It's free to advertise, so you wouldn't lose anything by giving it a try.

Back