Pyro`d pear bowl!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Recently acquired some pear and thought I`d have a go,wasn`t too sure about a lid but I had some left over, saw a cracked mirror the other day hence the pyro design ;-) ,comments welcome ta!

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

Cheers Steve

Very 1920's I think, got some decorated items done by my mother using the same sort of geometric patterning.
Did well to keep the tool control within the discipline needed to keep those lines straight.

Thanks Chas. Not much room for error when you start burning, one slip and the piece is knack`d.
Steve

gasmansteve":2tr7i46g said:
Cheers Paul and Al.
Guess the pyro exempts it from this months platter competition :(
Steve

Steve

it looks like a decorated bowl with a wide rim and a lid ,

So I don't think its a flat Platter :wink:

without any decoration

Sorry

Hi Steve,
like it, yes it is quite art Deco-ish.. im new to all this, liked the little detail on its bum, as to the pyro, which setup do you use ? and how did you keep the lines so clean ? i have never done any burning , in fact i have only started to turn last week :?
thanks rob

Thanks for the reply Rob. I use a Davan variable temp unit made by a chap in Wales but I gather the Peter Child units are similar but I`ve never tried them. I guess like most things with the pyro the more you do the cleaner you get with it :D Welcome to the forum BTW and woodturning hope to see some of your stuff !
Cheers
Steve

thanks Steve, so I guess your saying there is no trick as such, just practice..
I left my soldering iron on my desk the other day, leaving a burn mark on it :? dont supose this counts as pyro ? :lol:

i have turned a few small things, they are not very good, but having only had the lathe a week or so, maybe im being too hard on myself.. i cannot post photos yet as i dont have enough posts.

rob12770":j9o7pp0q said:
.....i have turned a few small things, they are not very good, but having only had the lathe a week or so, maybe im being too hard on myself.. i cannot post photos yet as i dont have enough posts.
You have more than enough posts.

CHJ":3ryaz2ru said:
rob12770":3ryaz2ru said:
.....i have turned a few small things, they are not very good, but having only had the lathe a week or so, maybe im being too hard on myself.. i cannot post photos yet as i dont have enough posts.
You have more than enough posts.

it just comes up with "The image file you tried to attach is invalid" dunno why.

rob12770":3gxhuaul said:
it just comes up with "The image file you tried to attach is invalid" dunno why.

Then perhaps we can sort out what is wrong with the image for you.
Do you have it hosted on a site like Photobucket? if so post a link to the image,
If not email the image to rogues @ ukworkshop.co.uk
and it will find it's way to me to have a look at.

CHJ":ye1qi1ho said:
rob12770":ye1qi1ho said:

Then perhaps we can sort out what is wrong with the image for you.
Do you have it hosted on a site like Photobucket? if so post a link to the image,
If not email the image to rogues @ ukworkshop.co.uk
and it will find it's way to me to have a look at.

its ok Chas, il try different images, smaller etc, till i find the issue if not, il use my phtobucket as you say.
cheers :)

Back