Purpleheart bed WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whiskywill":280i2qns said:
Very strange!

I did not post this on June 18th 2018. It was supposedly at 9.44 on a Saturday morning. I never, ever, ever visit this site, or any other, on a Saturday.

It says 16th, not 18th ....

...... whooaa double confusion :shock: 16th was a Saturday...

Woodmonkey":25pvgg72 said:
I think there must be different types as this stuff didn't have any noticeable smell, and I didn't notice it blunting the tools at all. Also it went brown when freshly cut or sanded but quite quickly returned to purple after exposure to light/ air.

I got a few pieces of Purpleheart from Yandles offcut bin to experiment with and they did the exact opposite, really nice purple colour when freshly cut then turning brown when touched or sanded. They did smell a bit too when cut, not as bad as Wenge though which smells like elephant poo (I imagine).

ScaredyCat":1qbseped said:
whiskywill":1qbseped said:
Very strange!

I did not post this on June 18th 2018. It was supposedly at 9.44 on a Saturday morning. I never, ever, ever visit this site, or any other, on a Saturday.

It says 16th, not 18th ....

...... whooaa double confusion :shock: 16th was a Saturday...

My typing is slipping. It was indeed the 16th, which was a Saturday. There must be a gremlin in the system.

Back