Public liability insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slemishwoodcrafts

Established Member
Reaction score
I was inquiring about getting a stall at some local markets and craft fairs.
The only issue I'm having is they all stipulate I need public liability insurance covering a minimum of £5 million.
Has anyone had to take out this cover and if so have they any advice for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't do craft fairs but I have craft insurance through Ian Wallace. My workshop insurer (Farmers Union) stipulated that I had to have a further craft insurance policy. I think mine costs around £75 per year, just the craft insurance that is. Don't know if that will change for fairs, probably not. In fact I may well be covered for fairs even though I don't attend them. Give them a call. They are very accustomed to dealing with small crafts people and liability.

PLI is a legal requirement for most businesses. It will inevitably be part of any business insurance policy. The cover levels may seem high, but if your stand collapses and kills someone, the insurers face a claim that relates to, among other things, the income that person would have provided to dependents. For a high earning person this can easily run into millions. PIL premiums are usually pretty cheap for £5m to £10 m cover. Lots of options on-line. If you employ anyone on your stand make sure you have got that covered too.

Latest posts

Back