PU dust extraction hose length

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roombacurious

Established Member
Reaction score
I received a length of 4" PU dust extraction hose today, the clear one with the copper spiral in it. Bought it from a company called Auto Performance.

I had ordered 5 metres however the length I've received, in it's natural form without too much stretching measures appr. 3.5 metres. If you really stretch it to it's full length it reaches 4.8 metres but you can't really keep it at this length under normal use.

Should I make a fuss? It's quite expensive and I'd like to get what I've paid for, however I need to be sure that I'm right about the measurements first. How is this hose supposed to be measured? Fully stretched or in its natural state? Any experiences from ones who have bought this from other retailers?

Hose is measured in its natural state, so lay in on the floor and let it relax, then measure it. If it's 4.8m when stretched you have definitely been sold short, get back to them as that's just not on.

Aidan

Back