Prostate Cancer Test

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John933":eub85y68 said:
One who has had the test. It's not the pleasant of thing to go through. I have no idea what the push up your back side. But it starts with a camera, and a light. Then they have a thing to snip a bit of your prostate off. not just one snip. But about ten or more bit's. I guess they are taking it from different section. It feels like you have half the NHS up your Azz, working away.

Consider yourself lucky, I've had that thing down my throat. Twice; the first time the only anaesthetic I got was a quick throat spray...

It turns out you can just about breathe past it, but only when you're not dry heaving - which is pretty much all the time.

(It was still worth it, FWIW - but only because the alternative was just not eating even vaguely-normal food again for the rest of my life; I was diagnosed as coeliac, and without the biopsy test they won't prescribe you the magic gluten-free wheat flour that you can seemingly only get on prescription.)

Yup...been there...got that throat mashing T-shirt. I have a hiatus hernia which was also diagnosed by sticking half the NHS down my throat while awake and watching its progress on the Tele!

The nurses just kept telling me how much my throat would hurt if I didn't stop gagging. I did manage to get it under control after forcing myself to relax. Not pleasant, but I didn't find it that bad either. The secret is forcing yourself to relax and just "go with it". it's the fighting it that causes all the problems.

Random Orbital Bob":2xqyf131 said:
The secret is forcing yourself to relax and just "go with it". it's the fighting it that causes all the problems.

For the second one I found the secret was just taking all the drugs they offered instead of stupidly thinking I'd be happier avoiding a needle in my arm!

I had my first one last Thursday, the throat spray did nothing and I gagged and puked through the whole thing. I was so bad they could only take 4 samples out of the 10 they wanted and the poor nurses seemed even more stressed out than I was - they couldn't believe it when they finished and I sat up and started laughing :)

Got another one in a month or so - will be knocked out for that one :D :D

I have the hiatus hernia as well.

Blood tests tomorrow and waiting for an X-ray appointment as well, all good fun.

Latest posts

Back