Project ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob39

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all looking for some inspiration. Found this left over after the harvesters destroyed the forest, its w 22" (bottom) d 17", 2.5" - 4" thick at the bottom graduating to 1" at the top. Tends to scream clock to me with some nice scroll work

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pyzZin][img]...r.com/3945/15464964987_0a0c0ab9f0_n.jpg[/img]SAM_1969 by gallowayphantom, on Flickr[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oUaA13][img]...r.com/3948/15030177074_518040445c_n.jpg[/img]SAM_1968 by gallowayphantom, on Flickr[/url]

Nice find! like to see ya scroll that thickness though! lol looks like nice grain pattern though

First of all make a sub-table for your scroll saw, about 2 foot square. Then rig a chain hoist above the saw and make sure you have had your Wheetabix. Joking apart, iot lends itself to a whole range of projects. Your clock idea is a good start. When I saw the wood I thought a nice nativity scene as Christmas is coming up. With that thickness you could also make some 3D ornaments. There are a number of things you could make from it and I am sure other members will have their own ideas.

Don't mention Christmas Geoff! It only leads to one thing up here HOGMANY ! AND THE OPENING OF WHISKY BARRELS LOL.
Nice idea though and like you said you could make allsorts from it but Rob I thought it would be obvious for someone living up your way? look out to sea at Girvan and there's your answer! 9-) never seen a bandsaw box shaped like Ailsa

Aye never thought of that The old craig lol. Plenty of pieces lying around like this, they've just started harvesting another section close to me so I'll be a hunting just shortly. Plenty of logs (pine) just lying around waiting to be collected.
Maybe a clock with some nice pyrography.

Back