• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Program that uses Warp Tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
and i dont mean star trek before some smart ass pipes up. :D . i need to be able to use Warp tool on a scroll saw project i am doing, i need two names Claire and Andrew meshed on top of each other and my program has the warp tool not working, i have just bought a new copy of Page plus from serif but i need it now and cant wait until the program arrives so need a stand by..

TIA

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you've tried this but there's a free program called GIMP that should have a warp tool - link to a tutorial here as I've found GIMP a bit tricky to navigate round when i've looked at in the past.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
stevebuk":2xbkvf04 said:
thanks Stewart, you just forgot the link...
Can I suggest that you probably dont Google it. WIth the new settings that customise adverts, lord only knows what you might get for the next few months

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks mate, ahh i see its mesh warp i need, the warp for bending words from low at the ends to high in middle or vice versa..

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Try this steve:

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Write your text, then select layer > merge visible and use the pinch tool. Theres also free transform and free distort which should do what you want.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Chems":1rh3plc2 said:
Try this steve:

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Write your text, then select layer > merge visible and use the pinch tool. Theres also free transform and free distort which should do what you want.

thanks for that, thats actually not a bad program, the pinch and bloat tool needs some work but i'll try it tonight after work.. :eek:

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've used it once or twice when away from my copy of photoshop. I think prob the free transform and distort will be more what your after. Just remember to flatten the layer before trying it.