Prezzion Pizza

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yojevol

Clocking on
Reaction score
Sitting here on a cold and frosty morning waiting for the loggy to heat up the workshop and musing over a must-have tool on offer from Axy.
Yes, it's the FESTOOL Pizza Cutter:-
109547_xl.jpg

My initial reaction was 'what's wrong with the simple wheel on a handle?'. Next, what else could it be used for? A veneer cutter maybe? How about making an attachment so it could be used with a saw track to achieve dead straight cuts.
Good points about it:-
It does have a good cover and the wheel exposure appears to be adjustable. It also appears to have a dust extraction port, but I expect it's a unique diameter. Should keep the elf & safety wallahs happy. Ah yes, and it's also cordless. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not mounted on a digitally controlled turntable such that you can simply tap in the number of slices required and it automatically sets the angle of cut. I expect that will be available as an optional extra in due course.
So there you go.If you're a Festool fan here's a relatively inexpensive toy to add to your collection.
Further thoughts on a Christmas card please.
Brian

I saw these the other day and immediately saw the design flaw. The fact the blade is enclosed will mean it clogs up with bits of pizza glued in with cheese. Now it’s possible the extraction nozzle is really for attaching a pressure washer to clean it out after use.

I suppose if you do buy a lot of Festool tools then pizza is all you can afford to eat once you pay there prices. That saw is around £700, how can that ever be realistic .

I saw these the other day and immediately saw the design flaw. The fact the blade is enclosed will mean it clogs up with bits of pizza glued in with cheese. Now it’s possible the extraction nozzle is really for attaching a pressure washer to clean it out after use.
Thought that was a good point so I did a bit of research..im that bored. According to this video, it disassembles relatively easily

There is a lot to be said for using a pair of scissors. They don't damage the glaze on the plates , or the non-stick coating on the baking sheet, :giggle:

I've just clocked that "Raven Forge" make a nice "pizza axe", for a modest £69.99. Yes, you've read it correctly, and , yes it is for cutting your pizza.:giggle:

Who wants to hear a story??

Back during lockdown a chef mate of mine started selling Pizza's from his wood fired pizza oven from his pub garden while the pub itself was shut, we live in a small valley and it was the only food outlet going.
Im not a big pizza fan, well certainly not high street pizza anyway , but his stuff was pretty good. but what i started going for was his Legendary Dirty Steak!

If you've not come a cross dirty steak before well your missing out! Basically you throw a good size (1"+ thick) steak directly on the burning hardwood coals (Oak is preferred) and cook it for about a minute each side, the hotter the better, the steak takes on the smokey flavour and gets an amazing crust and if you know what ur doing and don't over cook it IT IS the best ever way to cook steak.

That aside I'm a bit of a tight buttocks when it comes to paying for something i could do myself....

soo......

I made my own pizza oven during Lockdown
tempImageoAANTw.png

Excuse the unfinished back wall im planning on building a log store around that area at some point

And like i said I'm not a pizza fan at all, this is just the best way to cook dirty steak, get her up to 400º using seasoned oak offcuts , usually handrail and spindles from work ;)

Then i started making pizza's for the kids and soon learned that homemade dough, and good quality ingredients can make some delicious pizza at home.

And that leads me on to the finale ...

We had our sons birthday back in july and pizza was on the menu! We had invited a load of families round which included a dad that i do a bit of work with and he's not much of a Festool fan. The usual price bashing hater without ever seeing the benefits of spending a few more quid to get quite often (but not always) a superior tool.

And the week before the party.....

I was shopping in Axminster tools....

Soooo.....

I bought an over priced Pizza cutter just to wind him up....

And I've got to say, to be fair to the German Basterds... its the best cutter I've ever used!!

Here it is along side a pizza chopping board i made (in the theme of a Super Mario mystery box) for the kids
tempImageyzahv7.png

Plus a couple of shots of it so you can see it doesn't have a exhaust for the hoover :(

Its really sharp as you'd expect from Festool and does come with a clear saftey cover for storage.

Anyway i thought i might answer the question....

Who the F would buy one of these ;)

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• tempImagekvWYh9.png
    tempImagekvWYh9.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagefKKV4x.png
    tempImagefKKV4x.png
    12.6 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageqs64Ym.png
    tempImageqs64Ym.png
    12.1 MB · Views: 0
Who wants to hear a story??

Back during lockdown a chef mate of mine started selling Pizza's from his wood fired pizza oven from his pub garden while the pub itself was shut, we live in a small valley and it was the only food outlet going.
Im not a big pizza fan, well certainly not high street pizza anyway , but his stuff was pretty good. but what i started going for was his Legendary Dirty Steak!

If you've not come a cross dirty steak before well your missing out! Basically you throw a good size (1"+ thick) steak directly on the burning hardwood coals (Oak is preferred) and cook it for about a minute each side, the hotter the better, the steak takes on the smokey flavour and gets an amazing crust and if you know what ur doing and don't over cook it IT IS the best ever way to cook steak.

That aside I'm a bit of a tight buttocks when it comes to paying for something i could do myself....

soo......

I made my own pizza oven during Lockdown View attachment 171039
Excuse the unfinished back wall im planning on building a log store around that area at some point

And like i said I'm not a pizza fan at all, this is just the best way to cook dirty steak, get her up to 400º using seasoned oak offcuts , usually handrail and spindles from work ;)

Then i started making pizza's for the kids and soon learned that homemade dough, and good quality ingredients can make some delicious pizza at home.

And that leads me on to the finale ...

We had our sons birthday back in july and pizza was on the menu! We had invited a load of families round which included a dad that i do a bit of work with and he's not much of a Festool fan. The usual price bashing hater without ever seeing the benefits of spending a few more quid to get quite often (but not always) a superior tool.

And the week before the party.....

I was shopping in Axminster tools....

Soooo.....

I bought an over priced Pizza cutter just to wind him up....

And I've got to say, to be fair to the German Basterds... its the best cutter I've ever used!!

Here it is along side a pizza chopping board i made (in the theme of a Super Mario mystery box) for the kidsView attachment 171040

Plus a couple of shots of it so you can see it doesn't have a exhaust for the hoover :(

Its really sharp as you'd expect from Festool and does come with a clear saftey cover for storage.

Anyway i thought i might answer the question....

Who the F would buy one of these ;)

Cheers
Chris
Ouch that chopping board keeps turning itself inside out. I’m getting a headache !

I’ve always wanted a pizza oven. It not sure I can deal with the whole process of lighting it and cleaning it. I don’t see the benefit of the gas’s or electric ones as you don’t have the smoke to add the flavour.

Ouch that chopping board keeps turning itself inside out. I’m getting a headache !

I’ve always wanted a pizza oven. It not sure I can deal with the whole process of lighting it and cleaning it. I don’t see the benefit of the gas’s or electric ones as you don’t have the smoke to add the flavour.
I bought an electric pizza oven, use it in the back garden and ehu on campsites. Best pizzas ever. There are various makes, they have all circular element rings top and bottom, which is not too good for a frozen pizza. Better to go for the type where the ring has another little squiggle in the middle that heats the centres. My 1000 watt needs 4 mins to warm up. insert pizza, calzone or whatever for four and a half minutes, sorted. There is a metal plate as well as the pizza stone which I may use on site.

Back