Pre fab workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Wake up and resist.
Reaction score
Any recommendations for supplier of ready made shed/workshop?
About 12'x24'. Probably all timber, good quality (a habitable sort of standard), sound proofish, well insulated, not just a shed.

There are a number of metal clad portal frame shed suppliers. All you need is to put the slab down with foundations for the portal frames.
Ian

Bit random but I was looking into it as a method of getting a cheap insulated building.
Industrial freezers. They are made from steel panels with pu insulation in them, they are finished inside and out and fit together with a sort of tongue and groove. They are normally built inside large warehouses for frozen supplies.
Add some insulated roof panels and it should be quick and easy. Look at cold room panels on ebay etc.

The reason I didn't use this method in the end was that I couldn't get the 6m lengths into the barn and upstairs to move them into position.
So I made osb and 4 x 2 cassettes instead.
Sips panels are also quick and easy, many companies out there that will make to order whatever size you want.

Ollie

Bit random but I was looking into it as a method of getting a cheap insulated building.
Industrial freezers. They are made from steel panels with pu insulation in them, they are finished inside and out and fit together with a sort of tongue and groove. They are normally built inside large warehouses for frozen supplies.
Add some insulated roof panels and it should be quick and easy. Look at cold room panels on ebay etc.

The reason I didn't use this method in the end was that I couldn't get the 6m lengths into the barn and upstairs to move them into position.
So I made osb and 4 x 2 cassettes instead.
Sips panels are also quick and easy, many companies out there that will make to order whatever size you want.

Ollie
That's what our men's shed is made from except 50mm polystyrene foam insulation.

100mm would be even better.

Good heavens, they’re a touch pricey….
They are! But the cost of an existing building, to buy or to rent, would be very much higher. If you have the space they look a good idea.
Thanks for suggestions.
We are planning to move house and having an instant prefab workshop would help a lot. Maybe a budget model!

I would not go sown this route. The paint finish on the oputside is only 15 micron thick polyester designed for dry internal conditions. The paint is not exterior grade.
Ian

Good heavens, they’re a touch pricey….
Quote for cheapest, smallest with no add ons, no F & B paint at 10 grand extra...

1.2 x 1.8m Superior ShedBuilding Size and Style£2,650Doors (Edit)£0Windows (Edit)£0Opening Windows£0Window Options (Edit)£0Interior Options (Edit)£0Roofing (Edit)£0Exterior Design (Edit)£0Site Preparation (Edit)£0Delivery & InstallationIncludedVATIncludedTotal£2,650

Fair play to them if folk are paying this sort of money.
Wonder how much for the full luxury big shed?

Quote for cheapest, smallest with no add ons, no F & B paint at 10 grand....

1.2 x 1.8m Superior ShedBuilding Size and Style£2,650Doors (Edit)£0Windows (Edit)£0Opening Windows£0Window Options (Edit)£0Interior Options (Edit)£0Roofing (Edit)£0Exterior Design (Edit)£0Site Preparation (Edit)£0Delivery & InstallationIncludedVATIncludedTotal£2,650
A bargain!

Big shed with F & B paint, double glazing, Velux, work benches, the whole shebang:

PL5TtbE.png

Big shed with F & B paint, double glazing, Velux, work benches, the whole shebang:

PL5TtbE.png
There are habitable ( ready to move into ) houses for that kind of money, or less within 50km of our place. Some nearer still. ( The house next door , two stories plus basement, total 120sq m habitable , sold for less than that 4 years ago and he put his workshop into the built on 8m x 15m garage ).
Loads of places ready to move into a bit further inland, with outbuildings as big as the "shed" Jacob is looking for, ready to put your gear into and get working and living.
Middle of Brittany is still waaay cheaper than the UK, even here on the coast prices are a third or a quarter of the UK equivalent places.
Loads of Brits still in the middle of Brittany, they even have their own monthly magazine, SWMBO ( who had two real estate businesses , one in Cannes, one in Nice, when we met ) reads it every month just to see the bargain house prices ( and Brits pay more than french ) "inland".Thriving Brit community despite Brexit, some had to leave, some others arrived.

Last edited:
There are habitable ( ready to move into ) houses for that kind of money, or less within 50km of our place. Some nearer still. ( The house next door , two stories plus basement, total 120sq m habitable , sold for less than that 4 years ago and he put his workshop into the built on 8m x 15m garage ).
Loads of places ready to move into a bit further inland, with outbuildings as big as the "shed" Jacob is looking for, ready to put your gear into and get working and living.
Middle of Brittany is still waaay cheaper than the UK, even here on the coast prices are a third or a quarter of the UK equivalent places.
We know!
Got friends struggling to sell their wonderful French properties as we speak.
We're too old now getting on for 80 but not too old for another trip to Brittany with tents and bikes, but carrying them in the van for a change.
How do you get on post Brexit, are there problems?

Two options for quick construction but not 100% prefab

https://supersips.uk.com/
(note this no digging place also do steel frames which they claim they'll erect in less than a day)
https://nodigging.co.uk/
Edit: I just clicked through to your website and through that, your house listing. A very unique property and quite wonderful. If you have typed 25,000 messages on that chair with that monitor, it almost deserves a trophy or something - you should invest in a new monitor and new chair for your new place.

Any prefab workshop is definitely not going to compare to the workshop feel of your current space! I'm sure it will feel sterile in comparison

Last edited:
Back