Potpourri pots

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd shove a quick post on because the old boy has FINALLY got round to posting some photos of his clocks!! :lol:

I haven't been doing much for the past few months, just bits and pieces, loads of pens that I sold at work for christmas presents, painted wool spindles and half done things that got abandoned! but I am back for a while now... I hope.

I am getting round to doing a local craft show or two next year so am turning some things for that (no idea how much to make!) and decided to make all the different 'standard' things in batches so started yesterday with potpourri bowls. the bases aren't getting finished for a while because it was all green wood and may need 'attention' once it dries fully.

pp001.jpg

May do some of my little oriental style finial efforts next ... if I can get to the lathe for Sliver and Mitch!! :roll:

How long before you need another lathe....and a seperate workshop? If Sliver is going to make a comeback it looks like a neccessity.

Nice production work by the way. I've yet to actually do more than two things the same one after the other....must have a very low boredom thresh hold.

Pete

He and Mitch do the day shift I do afternoons! :D They are in there now and it will be nice and warmfor me by the time him goes to work =D>

I normally don't do similar things together at all!! I am all over the place. but that is no doubt why I haven't got anything together for this craft show thing! I have been more organised this time. made a list of standard things that I have to make before I can start on new projects. Plus, I sorted out the logs to make PP's with and debarked them to check how the deep any cracks were, and once I'd got the problem bits turned off thought I may as well carry on before it all started cracking again or I got side tracked! as stated, they aren't fully finished, but finished enough to lay away to dry properly.

Latest posts

Back