posting pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
I know there was a link on how to post pictures to the forum.
I would like to TRY again
So from the begginning .
WHAT DO I DO PLEASE.

Thank you REgards Boysie

Download the pictures onto your computer ( I think you can do that bit :mrgreen: )

Then start a thread in Woodturning Lathes

Type in your words as you did to ask for help posting photos

Then , now comes the easy bit , you can now load photos direct from your computer so no need to use photobucket

At the bottom of the screen you will see under the Submit button a oblong box that says " Filename " and to the right of this a oval button that says Browse
postingimages.jpg

Click on the brows button and you will be directed to you computer files , open the file with the photo you want to post , click on it ( to highlight that photo ) then at the bottom right of the same page it say select click select and you should now have a photo selected

Then click preview to preview your listing before you submit the listing

see if you are successful posting one image then we can move on to several images :mrgreen:

Attachments

• postingimages.jpg
    postingimages.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 255
Paul.J":1dgn8xrq said:
Don't you have resize them first :?: :?:

Good point

I only take photos for internet use in 640 x 480 file size 0.3 mb so no need to re size

That setting can be done in most cameras before taking the images

if not then it gets a bit more complicated :mrgreen:

The actual size of the picture in pixels is ***not limited***, the forum software will sort the display out.

What is critical is the size of the image file itself, The forum is limited to accepting files of 256kb or less to conserve server space.

Most images reduced to bellow 1024 pixels in JPG format will come under this limit.

***** Edit: it has recently come to light that there is an upper limit in pixel size that the forum software will handle, not tested what it is, all I can advise is that 1024 pixel images are handled fine. (problem images were up in the 3000 pixels.)

I believe Allen forgot to say that once you have pressed Browse and selected the picture you want to upload, you should click the 'add the file' button which will upload it (sorry if its just me being blind Allen) or is that for one at a time??? And I've been doing it the hard way all this time??

Do you have a PC or a Mac Eugene?

gus3049":2l4p1ogd said:
I believe Allen forgot to say that once you have pressed Browse and selected the picture you want to upload, you should click the 'add the file' button which will upload it (sorry if its just me being blind Allen) or is that for one at a time??? And I've been doing it the hard way all this time??

Do you have a PC or a Mac Eugene?

I think the add a file is for multiple images

Last time I visited it was a PC :mrgreen:

Gordon, I have a PC, somebody said it was easy now I had four posts all differing,so I put me photos on the PC, when I take them of course. So that seems easy. Whats next ??
Sorry just been called to dinner bye

Blister":1uv7c0oq said:

Ah, oh dear, you didn't do a very good job on him did you Allen. So we can't show you the easy peasy, quick an' easy way of resizing images using iPhoto and Preview then Eugene.

I expect a PC buff will be on soon.

gus3049":26ww8gqr said:
Blister":26ww8gqr said:

Ah, oh dear, you didn't do a very good job on him did you Allen. So we can't show you the easy peasy, quick an' easy way of resizing images using iPhoto and Preview then Eugene.

I expect a PC buff will be on soon.

Gordon

Twas all foreign to me this PC thinamejig but I did get it to work :mrgreen:

Blister":10y41wgo said:

Wot????? wiv an iMac - not a chance. I can't be bothered to change camera settings, it has likkle buttons and stuff that my meaty fingers don't work with. Full size pic into iPhoto. Export to desktop as JPEG with size and quality as 'medium'.(this may be near enough to the right size anyway) Double click on pic on the desktop and it opens in Preview and using 'tools' 'image size' you can set it to 640 x 480. Takes just a few clicks and just a few seconds. Once you have uploaded from the desktop just dump the pic into the trash. The original remains in all its full size glory in iPhoto.

Sorry if its granmas and eggs but we can't have the unbelievers thinking ANYTHING is hard on the Mac - can we? :D

Not exactly rocket sience on a PC either. Just get a copy of image resizer.

Right click image and select Resize and size required.
Resize.jpg

or if you want to be more adventurous add a click on Advanced.
Resize2.jpg

Attachments

• Resize.jpg
    Resize.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Resize2.jpg
    Resize2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 188
gus3049":deaghtra said:
Blister":deaghtra said:

Wot????? wiv an iMac - not a chance. I can't be bothered to change camera settings, it has likkle buttons and stuff that my meaty fingers don't work with. Full size pic into iPhoto. Export to desktop as JPEG with size and quality as 'medium'.(this may be near enough to the right size anyway) Double click on pic on the desktop and it opens in Preview and using 'tools' 'image size' you can set it to 640 x 480. Takes just a few clicks and just a few seconds. Once you have uploaded from the desktop just dump the pic into the trash. The original remains in all its full size glory in iPhoto.

Sorry if its granmas and eggs but we can't have the unbelievers thinking ANYTHING is hard on the Mac - can we? :D
I have a MAC as well. But I only use it when the weather is wet and windy. 8) :lol: :roll:
I shall go through all this info. and show you all that I can muck up anything.
Do you know that the easy way to confuse an Irishman is to put him in a hole with 3 shovels and tell him to take his pick.
Thanks for all the help folk I will be back.
REgards Boysie

boysie39":vqwujq5w said:
gus3049":vqwujq5w said:
Blister":vqwujq5w said:

I have a MAC as well. But I only use it when the weather is wet and windy. 8) :lol: :roll:
I shall go through all this info. and show you all that I can muck up anything.
Do you know that the easy way to confuse an Irishman is to put him in a hole with 3 shovels and tell him to take his pick.
Thanks for all the help folk I will be back.
REgards Boysie

Eugene that's one of the best posts I've seen on here for ages, certainly made me laugh anyway :D

Cheers

Steve

Jaysus I've done it This is the only one I could post the others are all too big Blister took this one,As you can see he is not a very good picture taker. The subject is much better looking than that.
The ones I took are 1024 x640 or something like that,will check in the morning Yipee.
Now you might see some S#@t if I can rember what I did

I'll 2nd Chas's choice of Image Resizer.

If your operating system is XP then it's available from Microsoft as a free Powertoy
- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... windows-xp

If your operating system is Vista or Windows 7 you need to know if it is 32bit or 64bit & select the relevant one from the downloads page,
- http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

If you download the wrong one, don't worry as the installer will warn you & refuse to install.

FYI, you get a resized copy, appropriately named, alongside the original unless you select
'Resize the original pictures (don't make copies)'
under the Advanced settings button.

HTH

Regards
wasbit

Hi Wasbit, thanks for your help. What I have to do now is see can I get the right setting on me camera.Its a Lumix I think so I'll go at that tomorrow.
Night, Night, everyone

REgards Boysie

I took Wasbits and Chas. advice and downloaded the Resizer. Where it is now is beyond me .
Looks like I'll have to consider one of them Mac. thingies that Gordon and Blister has.

They seem to be silly person proof enough for me :) :)

I may have to revert to my old ways and keep my masterpieces to meself :roll: :roll:

NO I will not give up I'm going to send for the heavies

Watch this space, I hope not for too long :oops: :oops:

boysie39

Why not just use the smallest image file size on your camera and take photos at that size

You will probably not need to re size or buy a new rain Mac :mrgreen: :lol:

Back