Posting my first pic (** WARNING - 1.2 Mb Download**)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,
some of you might have seen some of my post ( i hope there have helped someone :wink: ).
Its alittle something I made for my Karate teacher, as you can see from the lighter it is not very big.
IMG_1117.jpg
[/img]

Wow, thats fantastic,, small, but perfectly formed.

Where's the dovetails on the drawers tho? :lol:

Matt.

Colin C":1wfovxsm said:
alittle something I made for my Karate teacher

Tell the wuss he should be able to chop much bigger pieces of wood than that if he expects to be taken seriously as an instructor :lol:

I imagine it must be very frustrating trying to construct something that small, Don't think that i'd have the patience. I'm guessing that this isn't your first minature, it looks far too accomplished for an early atempt.

-----------
Simon

Matt1245":3cnsw3yl said:
Where's the dovetails on the drawers tho? :lol:

Matt.
Well spotted no dovetails in that one but I have been doing a chest of draw for my mother and that does have them :lol: ( i will post pic )
Unlucky Alf, its not my first, I have been an Antique restorer for 22 years but I will post pics of my first one ( it was a pizy for my sister about 12 years ago), that is a chest of draws too

Those dovetails look great, would love to see the marking guage you use :lol:

Not sure about the top, personally think i'd go with a flat top rather than the plane chic :lol:

Matt.

Matt1245":371f7x0i said:
Those dovetails look great, would love to see the marking guage you use :lol:

Not sure about the top, personally think i'd go with a flat top rather than the plane chic :lol:

Matt.
:lol: I use a cutting gauge but will not be making many like that again for a long time ](*,)
I will have to pull my finger out and finish the top as that one is temporary :roll: :wink:
I will have to go to bed soon as I have a pair of very nice Georgeian Sofa table to repair before the end of the week ( they have had a ruff life to say lest )

Coo, someone's obviously a masochist! :lol: Lovely work, Colin. What's the scale? I made a small, well, "thing" (not sure what you'd properly call it) in 1/12 a while back and I remember it drove me nuts. ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

Colin, some job! DTs are hard enough to do full size, to accomplish them in that scale make take some patience.

Andy

dedee":3brpmdhh said:
Colin, some job! DTs are hard enough to do full size, to accomplish them in that scale make take some patience.

Andy
Hi Andy,
Dont get me wronge but I do get :? when peolpe say that dovetail are hard, its one of the only joints that you cut one side and use that to make the other side.
I have found as long as you make out clearly they are not so bad but you are right about the ones on those draws, I will not be doing them for a while.
Ps the hardest for me have been secret mitre dovetails :)

Paul Chapman":3dz1bln7 said:
Lovely work, Colin.

I'm sure some before and after pictures of your restoration work would also be interesting.

Paul
I was thinking of doing that, so now some one has asked I will.
I did some carving at the Guildhall in the city last year, it is the bigest job I have done on own( have been working for myself for three years )

Its 18 feet by 10, I would have liked bigger but this sort of fell in my lap ( a bad job that I had to get dipped and the dipper had it there ), I was got to get 24 x 12 at lest but this has cost about £1000 with electric and insurlation :D .
At the moment it keeps my costs down \:D/

Latest posts

Back