Posting my first pic (** WARNING - 1.2 Mb Download**)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Colin,

Magic stuff. :shock:
So did you have a picture of how the arms should be or is it a set piece that you can refer to other copies of?
Your matching of the finish looks perfect. =D>

DaveL":1l2gphm8 said:
Colin,

Magic stuff. :shock:
So did you have a picture of how the arms should be or is it a set piece that you can refer to other copies of?
Your matching of the finish looks perfect. =D>
Hi DaveL
It tell the truth, the arms had my scratching my head for about 9 months ( it was for someone I was friendly with ), as I am not a full time carver it took time to work out where the arms went as they where broken at the armpit :? .
In the end I think it was as good as it could been and I was very happy with it.
Yes the colour was perfect and I still pinch myself that I did it as I have spent more time on the bench making than polishing, its what I have picked up from watching some very good polishers over the years :)
Colour matching is one of the hardest skills in polishing, some of the one's I have known have had off days when they could not get a colour right . so for me to have got the colour as good as that left me very happy and my friend finding it hard to see which one's I did and he did know a bit about what he was looking at :)

Hi PaulI do have about 65-75 carving tools and only about 8 are made by me :) ( helps I have been coecting them for about 22 years ) :shock: :wink:

Hi, Colin, I have just read all this post and admired the pictures and have to say that what you have done is absolutely fantastic. These things must take ages to do. Well done and I am sure if you have any more pictures of work people would love to see them. Thanks Kevin.

Thank very much Kevin
I have been lucky as I have been doing this a while now and I do you some more things that I will be posting pic's of, A carving of my old cap badge ( did a few years TA ) but I have to find it first :-k and also have to finish it too :roll:

cant wait to c what else you have too show, i am amazed at how you can get such great detail in tiny pieces,
truely amazed.

Thanks prawnking
I aim to pleases :)
You can too with the help from this forum as lots I have learned to do has been self tought and have seen some things done where I have worked :)

Now for the some more pic's of a Love spoon I made for my wife a few years ago ( well 11 now I look ai the date :shock: )
IMG_1818.jpg

I did have fun making it bit it would have been easier if I had not used pine #-o ](*,)
IMG_1819.jpg

It is out of one peice of wood with no joints :)

Latest posts

Back