POST 2014 SECRET SANTA GIFTS HERE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I have already explained to Waka I will be uploading photos of my SS gift on 29th December.

I am spending a week with family and unfortunately when I left yesterday my SS present was still at the mercy of a delivery service.

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else got!

Many thanks to my Secret Santa: Not aware who it was??? Postcode was PO13 I believe.

I received a Festool Tape Measure and a Makita Site Flask. Both very gratefully received and will be used.

Many thanks again! Really enjoyed the experience.

Ed Bray":mn4vz21i said:
Many thanks to my Secret Santa: Not aware who it was???

I received a Festool Tape Measure and a Makita Site Flask. Both very gratefully received and will be used.

Ed

You really need to post photo's.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have received a beautiful marking/cutting gauge, made from brass and bubinga (I think). It is a lovely small size- I cannot wait to use it on a jewellery box, which it looks perfect for.

I have no idea on the maker- I will do some research this afternoon so that I can send my thanks. My only clues are that it is clearly somebody that has metal and woodworking skills and the postcode is bh14!

Also, thanks to Waka for organising this again.

Merry Christmas

Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,302
Waka":3ra2gtzs said:
Ed Bray":3ra2gtzs said:
Many thanks to my Secret Santa: Not aware who it was???

Ed

You really need to post photo's.

Sorted now :oops:

DSC_0539_zps0dec559c.jpg

Could not resist giving my parcel a little shake :evil: Sounds a bit woody . Unpacking the very neatly packed box , two presents expertly wrapped . Either my SS is lady or he's got the wife to wrap these , far too tidy for a bloke :lol:

DSC_0563_zps64ec9189.jpg

Vintage boxes 8) , but whats in them ?

Cheers Bern :D

Berncarpenter":ywlllxkq said:
DSC_0539_zps0dec559c.jpg

Could not resist giving my parcel a little shake :evil: Sounds a bit woody . Unpacking the very neatly packed box , two presents expertly wrapped . Either my SS is lady or he's got the wife to wrap these , far too tidy for a bloke :lol:

DSC_0563_zps64ec9189.jpg

Vintage boxes 8) , but whats in them ?

I'd guess;
A Morecambe & Wise, cuff-link set.
A very small and loyal fan of ..........Freddy Starr
:lol:

:ho2 Merry Christmas

Well firstly thanks to Waka for organising this. It was lovely to have something that was a complete unknown under the tree and something that nobody else would have bought me.

So thanks to Tony for not only giving such a wonderful gift but also for his thoughtful and kind words.

I think he is trying to convert me from power tools to a more refined and sedate way of life!

Who knows he may succeed when you see what he has produced without a power tool.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419515418.068716.jpg

Fantastic stuff, you can see the care and attention to detail but what you guys can't get is the feel in the hand, or the smell,it's brilliant. Tony I'm very grateful and I shall try and learn how to use and look after the No.3 properly.

Feel free to pass on tips!

Thank you once again - what a great gift.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419515418.068716.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419515418.068716.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 2,190
DSCF0019.JPG-smaller.jpg

Thank you very much to my santa. It's a great selection of gifts. Many thanks also to Waka for organising. The UKW Secret Santa is always a real highlight.

I got a excellent selection of books, a festool ruler, plasters (someone's been reading my posting history), a flush cut saw. A small torch on a loop of metal, which I'm not sure as to what it's supposed to do. Also I got a piece of shaped wood, but I'm not sure what it's shaped for? Ed? Care to explain?

Attachments

• DSCF0019.JPG-smaller.jpg
    DSCF0019.JPG-smaller.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 2,162
First

Thanks Waka

and thankyou to my SS
i think he must have watched me the last 2 times i went to Axminster only to find no stock
i was going to order one
I have the "other" type and really can't get on with it
so to receive this is fantastic
this will take pride of place
I think it is box wood
SS2014.jpg

thankyou again

Steve

Attachments

• SS2014.jpg
    SS2014.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 2,131
morfa":ox3np5x1 said:

Thank you very much to my santa. It's a great selection of gifts. Many thanks also to Waka for organising. The UKW Secret Santa is always a real highlight.

I got a excellent selection of books, a festool ruler, plasters (someone's been reading my posting history), a flush cut saw. A small torch on a loop of metal, which I'm not sure as to what it's supposed to do. Also I got a piece of shaped wood, but I'm not sure what it's shaped for? Ed? Care to explain?
Glad you liked it, shaped bit of wood is a push stick (okay not hand tools but I did make it myself). The Led lamp on a flexi bar is good to put some light where you need it, both the bottom of the flexi bar and the surround around the led are magnetic, so you can stick it to a cast table or similar and it can also be used to retrieve metal stuff if dropped i.e. keys down a drain or similar.

I kept chopping and changing bits but ended up with that as I thought it covered all bases, pity though, as the day after I sent it I found another 2 duplicate books I would have also included.

I must have been really good this year as my Mother has just told me she will buy me a DF700 for my Birthday (new month) and to order it tomorrow.

Thanks again to Waka for organising this super event.

Thanks too to my anonymous SS ... not many clues to be had here, (Is the PE10 part of a postcode ?) but here's what I got:
dk2.jpg

At first glance, it looked American; the step in the blade where it has been made by forging two different steels together hints at it - the only ones like that from the UK are Tyzack I think. The maker's mark confims an American origin:

dk1.jpg

A nice addition; I have one Sheffield made, and one French, which are very different in use, so it will be nice to see how this one works. I've got a stool to make soon, so I'll give it a quick sharpen up (when I'm sober) and give it a go !

Thanks again,

Tony.

Attachments

• dk2.jpg
    dk2.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 28
  • dk1.jpg
    dk1.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 28
Good guesses Dave =D> =D> made me laugh .
Moore & Write Bevel Protractor No 994 with 6'' & 12'' blades.
DSC_0547_zps44e47595.jpg

DSC_0555_zps8e71048f.jpg

DSC_0561_zps29aded06.jpg

What a fantastic bit of kit , great for accurately setting up and checking angles.

Starrett 224ARLZ Interchangeable Anvil Micrometer Set, .001" Graduation, 2-6" Measuring Range, Includes Standards: 2", 3", 4", and 5
DSC_0546_zps9959ff8a.jpg

DSC_0550_zpsca81a593.jpg

Wow , A massive thank you to my SS not one but two fantastic bits of kit that will take my work to another level.

Ed Bray":2o3upgw4 said:
Glad you liked it, shaped bit of wood is a push stick (okay not hand tools but I did make it myself). The Led lamp on a flexi bar is good to put some light where you need it, both the bottom of the flexi bar and the surround around the led are magnetic, so you can stick it to a cast table or similar and it can also be used to retrieve metal stuff if dropped i.e. keys down a drain or similar.

I kept chopping and changing bits but ended up with that as I thought it covered all bases, pity though, as the day after I sent it I found another 2 duplicate books I would have also included.

I must have been really good this year as my Mother has just told me she will buy me a DF700 for my Birthday (new month) and to order it tomorrow.

Can you straighten the LED light out then? Or is it always curved? Good to know that the bottom is magnetic. Looks handy.

I thought it was a push stick. I don't have any power tools outside of a track saw, drills and a sander. But I'll keep it for if I ever get a bandsaw. Thanks.

I am both highly impressed and humbled by the beautiful gift I received. Such a lot of work, to a very high standard. And lovely touches like including an appropriately sized spanner to tighten the clamp. Thank you to my secret Santa and to Waka for organising.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 663
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 663
Hello Secret Santa friends,

Two terrific gifts from my SS. A lovely Mallet made from Beech and lignum Vitae. Lovely detailing on the handle, and a wondrously smooth head (bit like mine).

A very smart marking knife made from Blackwood with a super sharp blade and brass ferule. A real user.

15482568884_f0b7eb810e.jpg

15482568894_a690d8676c.jpg

Thanks Secret Santa two really nice gifts much appreciated.

Thanks also to Tony for organising this years event. Well done again.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy woodworking for 2015.

Cheers, Tony (Escudo).

NickWelford":1ek8bfxg said:
I am both highly impressed and humbled by the beautiful gift I received. Such a lot of work, to a very high standard. And lovely touches like including an appropriately sized spanner to tighten the clamp. Thank you to my secret Santa and to Waka for organising.

Wow! That is awesome!

Latest posts

Back