Popular Woodworking - How long do they take to deliver?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie_Neil":1hmhv400 said:
Please note that my posting is in no way meant to reflect badly on PWW.

Hi Neil,

I ought to say that I wasn't having a go at PWW either - just a little old-fashioned British humour in the face of adversity.

The subs are apparently being handled by a third-party company on the other side of America from PWW's editorial offices (at least, that's where the mailings seem to come from). I'm sure it's difficult for the editor and publisher of PWW to police this; and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's a problem that only affects overseas subscribers. So I have some sympathy, but it is damned irritating.

And @ Tim, it's a great magazine but I wouldn't blame you for not subscribing in the face of these on-going problems.

Tim,

I believe this mag. is only available from the U.S. on subscription. I've never seen it on the shelves.

Some while ago PWW made a 'bogof' offer of a two-year supply of issues for the cost of a one-year subscription, which sounded too good to be true. I was almost tempted but, having heard of delivery and non-arrival problems, I managed to resist. Phew! Just lucky I suppose but am I glad that I did, looking at all the hassle that many subscribers have suffered.

IMO it does reflect extremely badly on PWW - if you pay money to PWW for a service, they should come up with the goods. Any excuses about, or problems with, any third party company that PWW choose to use is a matter for them and they should get it sorted.

Would we accept this kind of treatment from a U.K. machinery/tool retailer, and if subjected to it would we ever go back?

Good as this magazine might be (but what you don't have - as long as you haven't paid for it - you don't miss) I would not touch their subscription 'service' with the proverbial length of wood for pushing barges!

Cheers,

Trev.

trevtheturner":12xxz2uv said:
I believe this mag. is only available from the U.S. on subscription. I've never seen it on the shelves.
Smith's used to have it; that's how I first found it. I think you should be able to order it through your newsagent. Or even someone else's newsagent...

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Trev

IMO it does reflect extremely badly on PWW - if you pay money to PWW for a service, they should come up with the goods. Any excuses about, or problems with, any third party company that PWW choose to use is a matter for them and they should get it sorted.

Couldn't agree with you more.

T

Well my April one came today, still no sign of Feb, even after I chased them and they claim to of sent a second copy. :evil:

I took the 2 for 1 offer, the mag is goods when it arrives. :roll:

Hi Adam

Adam":1yqwwepr said:
Interestingly - I was looking at the packet it's sent in - and their is absolutely nothing official like a stamp or unique business posting code etc indicating postage paid - other than a small stick label - which says "Postage Paid". Now thats hardly evidence of pre paid postage is it? Anyone can stick a label on an item which says postage paid and stick it in the post?

Yes, I'd noticed that as well. There is nothing to show where it originated from.

Interestingly, FWW comes in via France and it has official looking markings.

tim":1yqwwepr said:
Do any of the US guys on the forum know if there is a subscription problem there as well?

Apparently not.

I also took up the two for one offer and I am still glad that I did, just. The magazine is actually very good and excellent value. The only downside is their very poor customer service. I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter to me whether the problem is with a third party, it's PWW that have a major problem and it NEEDS FIXING NOW.

Sorry for shouting.

Cheers
Neil

Cheers
Neil

I agree with you, Neil, as the contract is quite clearly between PWW and its subscribers.

I think you should all be shouting, long and loud, at PWW!

Cheers,

Trev.

Surprise surprise... my February issue turned up in the post this morning, but nothing to indicate whether it was a new copy sent in response to my complaint about it being missing.

I'm inclined to the view that it's the original copy having enjoyed a round-the-world cruise!

Hi Pete

Pete W":aoep5hza said:
Surprise surprise... my February issue turned up in the post this morning, but nothing to indicate whether it was a new copy sent in response to my complaint about it being missing.

I'm inclined to the view that it's the original copy having enjoyed a round-the-world cruise!

Mine was obviously on the same boat, because it turned up this morning as well.

Cheers
Neil

I haven't received the Feb issue yet, but I did get this e-mail this morning:

We apologize that you missed your February 2005 issue and for any inconvenience it may have caused. This issue is permanently out of stock; therefore, we have extended your subscription. Your subscription will now expire with the December 2006 issue.

Sincerely,
Stevie Navarro
Customer Service

So it looks like I will be able to keep this thread going at least 1 month longer than the rest of you :D

Howard (who is never going to subsribe to another mag from the US)

Interestingly, I was looking at my old email account, and found a reply from them (annoying given I've changed my email details with them) but I suspect they are probably working to an out-of-date contact list - anyway, they told me to wait until the 8th March for my Feb Issue - then they'd look into it. They wouldn't do anything before that.

So they are clearly giving out different stories to different people!

Adam

I received my April issue on Saturday and Feb's today. I would guess that no Feb issues were sent out originally.

John

I also recieved Aprils edition yesterday this was the second copy, 1 last week and now 1 this week. Oh hum

Bean

DaveL":38zh3wqt said:
Mine arrived yesterday as well :roll:

Mine didn't. I'd got my hopes up after all you lot said you'd recieved it - but nothing when I got home :(

Adam

Hi Bean

Bean":2zxwivgf said:
I also recieved Aprils edition yesterday this was the second copy, 1 last week and now 1 this week. Oh hum

We were talking about receiving our February copy, we received the April one ages ago. :roll:

Program please keep the up with. :wink:

Cheers
Neil (in cheeky mode)

Latest posts

Back