Popular Woodworking - How long do they take to deliver?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a sub (paid for in December) with them but have yet to recieve any mags. After e-mailling them twice I finally got a worthwhile answer. the PWW claim that it takes 3 months to set up the subscription and post the mag, sot hat I will recieve Febs mag as the first.. I have replied that, 3 months is too long and questioned why it takes 3 months to put stamps on an envelope. As yet i have had no reply.

The customer service is poor

Bean

Bean,

Assuming you missed Decembers issue - Feb is the first issue after that.

Adam

Sorry-had my April issue turn up this morning. In a plastic bag as opposed to the usual paper one. Maybe they are using a different firm??
Philly :D

Well the saga continues. Woe is us, they say, we'll send off a replacement right away. Should be with you in four to six weeks. :cry: If you don't receive your April issue by April 8th please let us know. Oh incidentally, your address is incomplete. Yes, I told you that. :roll:

Then in passing they drop the bombshell. Your subscription expires in June 2005. What?! I took out that 2 for 1 deal last June, and subsequently checked up it was through 'til June 2006 when the magazine envelope said 2005 and they confirmed it was fine. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: So I've fired off copies of the correspondence from then with evil mutterings. Isn't it a good thing I kept it, children? :roll: My passing thought is that it's wishful thinking on their part 'cos they want to get rid of me. Hah! I shall plague their lives right through to 2006, you see if I don't. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

I didn't get my Feb issue so went on the website and clicked the "missed an issue" button. Came about two weeks later....

At the risk of repeating myself:

Philly, you're not making friends here, ya know... :evil: :p

Oh, they've got back to me already. Can you provide your address otherwise we can't check. Huh?! The whole correspondence "so far" is in the email, for heaven's sakes. The address must be in there half a dozen times! Oi vey. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

May I just mention that my April edition dropped through the door today :D Those people at PWW are very nice :D :D

Bean

Go on the website, go the subscribers page and click on the missing issue thing. click which issue and you should get an email saying it will be with you in a couple of weeks.
Had to do this twice myself...

Adam":r3fgzt7n said:
Philly":r3fgzt7n said:
Go on the website,

Thats broken as well. Hasn't been working since yesterday.
Probably overloaded with sobbing subscribers... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Who'd really, really welcome not knowing how many people have already got April's, thank you so very much... :(

Alf,

Have you passed them this thread as well. I know we aren't many but it might make some point - one of the most popular threads in a long time is members complaining about PWW. Given the numbers who read this vs post (as discussed in other current threads) it may help your case to go for the wider commercial issue of poor service in the UK as well.

Just a thought.

T

Newbie_Neil":1pdtyl4e said:
Hi V

Vormulac":1pdtyl4e said:
I got my April copy yesterday, but still no sign of my Feb issue :(

That makes two of us. :(

Cheers
Neil

That'll be three of us.

Interestingly - I was looking at the packet it's sent in - and their is absolutely nothing official like a stamp or unique business posting code etc indicating postage paid - other than a small stick label - which says "Postage Paid". Now thats hardly evidence of pre paid postage is it? Anyone can stick a label on an item which says postage paid and stick it in the post?

Adam

Adam":29mufix9 said:
That'll be three of us.

Um... make that four!

I e-mailed the subscription people and got a very swift message back saying they'd extended my subscription (again!) by another month.

Which, when you think about it, is a brilliant business plan. Like this...

You send me a one-time payment of £50 and I will send you, every month for 12 months, a Lie-Neilsen chisel. And if, in any month, your chisel doesn't turn up, I'll simply extend your subscription. We may both be dead before you get your first chisel, but it's a perfectly fair and reasonable offer. Don't you think? :roll:

Having said that, I thought April's was a very good issue. Loved the striking knife article, among many others. If only they'd sort the subs thing out.

Hi Pete

Pete W":3p8tqq8v said:
You send me a one-time payment of £50 and I will send you, every month for 12 months, a Lie-Neilsen chisel. And if, in any month, your chisel doesn't turn up, I'll simply extend your subscription. We may both be dead before you get your first chisel, but it's a perfectly fair and reasonable offer. Don't you think? :roll:

Please note that my posting is in no way meant to reflect badly on PWW.

PeteW's post reminded me that many years ago I was told about a company that had been selling goods that they didn't deliver. The value was such that most people didn't bother chasing up, but whenever they did it was always "we're having problems with our supplier and we will supply it to you as soon as we can". Apparently because of this they could never be charged with fraud.

Cheers
Neil

I had been thinking about subscribing to this but I'm definitely thinking differently now.

Do any of the US guys on the forum know if there is a subscription problem there as well?

Trev - is this one in WHS in Hereford?

Cheers

Tim

Back