Popular Woodworking - How long do they take to deliver?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vormulac,

Like you I subscribed on the 3rd November. When I sent them an e-mail, they replied confirming my subscription started with the December 2004 issue and expired with the November 2006 issue.

It may be, then then you will not get the November 2004 issue.

Have you checked your subscription details on their website?

Howard

That's interesting, Howard, when I looked at my 'account' in their subscriber services section it said that I was due two issues, Nov and Dec and that the Feb issue was pending.
It also says that my subscription terminates with the October 2006 issue, again implying that I should be entitled to the Nov issue.

Well, I've just dropped them a line about it, we shall see what happens.

Haven't had a chance to have a proper look through December's yet, but it is sitting in my case awaiting the long ride home :)

V.

I hate to raise this topic again, but has anyone had the February issue yet? I enquired about it about a month ago when the website indicated it should have arrived and was told it would turn up by the 7th. Needless to say it hasn't. :roll: It's be helpful to be either able to say "other people have had theirs, where's mine?" or else "no-one else has had theirs either, what's going on?". Sigh. It's just like the bad old days of FWW subs. :(

Cheers, Alf

Nope - I've not had the February issue; disappointing to see the April issue up on the website :(

I have not had mine yet. :(
I have emailed them and they are sending another, :) but as you say its very annoying to see the next one on the web before you get the last one. :?

i got my first copy of fww jan & feb on friday it came in the post with no plastic cover just the magazine i wonder if the postman has been reading it .i have not had pww yet ??? when do they send the mags ?? is it before the m onth on the cover or after :? :?

waterhead37":v5uhhwbl said:
I got my copy of the April issue a couple of days ago..
Grrrr.... Right, they're getting a nice, crisp e-mail to brighten their Monday morning. This is getting ridiculous - of the 8 or 9 issues I've had via sub I've had to chase them up over at least 4 of them. :evil:

Cheers, Alf

frank":pjmcgq9e said:
i got my first copy of fww jan & feb on friday it came in the post with no plastic cover just the magazine

That happened with my first FWW; seems to be something they do to get the first issue out quickly. All subsequent issues have arrived safely inside a sturdy paper envelope :)

waterhead37":7qfz1xea said:
Maybe worth a post in Woodcentral to Chris Schwarz?
Doesn't seem fair to bend his ear just 'cos he's the most visible "face"; certainly not in public anyway. Depending on the response I might e-mail him privately, although I think Adam said he'd drawn Chris' attention to the problem a while back didn't he?

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3aqbzq5k said:
waterhead37":3aqbzq5k said:
Maybe worth a post in Woodcentral to Chris Schwarz?
Doesn't seem fair to bend his ear just 'cos he's the most visible "face"; certainly not in public anyway. Depending on the response I might e-mail him privately, although I think Adam said he'd drawn Chris' attention to the problem a while back didn't he?

Cheers, Alf

Yes they know about it - but my subscription is terrible. I've had only 1 magazine so far thats arrived "properly". All the others have turned up after complaining.

I for one, most definately won't be renewing my subscription.

They assure me it's out of their hands - and to do with the distribution company they use - but as far as I'm concerned - they should have fired them and got someone else to do it for them. I just haven't the time or inclination to keep chasing every issue. I'll simply let my subscription lapse. A shame.

Adam

I got the Feb issue last week and don't even subcribe, just my friendly local newagents. Also got the 149 Fixes issue over christmas.

Noel

Noely":1cx8kbrl said:
just my friendly local newagents. Also got the 149 Fixes issue over christmas.

Noel,

Don't suppose they still have a copy left? I looked at it but the postage from the states was over the top. If you can get another copy, the cheque will be in the post ASAP. :D

Alas Dave, only one copy comes in as I have it on order. I'll look around over the next few days. Feb issue or the 149 Fixs issue?

Noel

Noel,

I have a subscription. I have only had 2 copies, but the Feb. one is supposed to be on its way. It was the 149 fixes that I was after.

I don't understand why they have such a problem, I due to some odd happenings currently have a subscription for WOOD and Shop Notes, both of which arrive promptly at the allotted time. I think they are shipped in bulk to the UK and then posted on, while PWW appear to just stick it in the local post box and it does work out very often. It’s a same as the content of PWW is very good.

Back