Popular Woodworking - How long do they take to deliver?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took up the two-year offer on the 3rd November and their web site, according my one-year subscription, says I should be receiving the November and December issues.

As it seems like Fred Karno's, the December issue will probably arrive before the December one.

Will it get here before Christmas?

Cheers
Neil

Is this what you got?

"Our records show that your last order was placed on Nov. 03, 2004 for 7 issues.
Your expiration date is OCT 2005 and your current balance is $.00. "

I thought it was a 2 year subscription too.

"The prior issue served was: DEC 2004
- You should have received this issue.

The second prior issue served was: NOV 2004
- You should also have received this issue."

Sounds like pretty much every aspect of the subscription has got fouled up! :evil:

V.

I think you need to chase them up, I have just checked my info on their site and it does show 2years, ie the end date is in 2006.

Me too!

I paid $27.96 for a two year subscription, but am only registered for one.

The other thing that I noticed was that I only had to enter my e-mail address - not a password - and my private address is displayed.javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Shocked

I have e-mailed them about both matters and will let you know what happens.

Howard

frank":tm1uwphs said:
the site says its $35.96 for two years via surface mail to the uk ??

Frank to get the offer of one year free go here
Popular Woodworking web site":tm1uwphs said:
International: 2 years (14 issues) for $35.96 in US funds (surface delivery)
International Air Mail: 2 years (14 issues) for $99.96 in US funds (airmail)
Thats from the link above, its gone up since I subscribed back in August.

dave thats the link i went to .is p/w as good as fww, i have never seen it on the news stands .

thanks

Hi,

I have received a reply to my e-mail to Popular Woodworking regarding my two year subscription.

Even though my account info on the site still shows an expiry date of 2005, they assure that my subscription is for two years.

They are also sending me a replacement copy of the December issue I haven't received and tell me that the February issue is already on its way.

I must admit I am not 100% confident that it will all work out ok .. but time will tell.

Howard

Hi Howard

If you don't mind me asking, when did you place your order?

According to their web site I should have received the November and December issues. :roll: To date, I've received nothing.

Cheers
Neil

Neil,

I ordered my subscription on the 3rd of November. I haven't checked on the website so perhaps I am due the November issue as well.

I hope the mag is worth it after all this kerfuffle!

Howard

I too ordered on November 3rd, I have received an email confirming that I *do* have a 2 year subscription after all, but as yet no sign or comment on the 2 issues I should already have received.

Not happy, but hey! It's Xmas! Can't be too down in the dumps...

... I'll save that for January when I get my credit card bill and start the diet - then if they still haven't sent me my mags I'll let the blighters have it! :twisted:

V.

Hermes":2re8m268 said:
I hope the mag is worth it after all this kerfuffle!

Hi Howard,

I think so, its a good mix of projects and techniques and if you do manage to get the 2 years for the price of 1 very good value.

I have only got 2 copies so far, subscribed in August, but have used their web site for some time as a source of ideas.

My subscription info on their website has been updated to show 2 years of subscription (from 1 year) and that I should have received nov and dec 2004 and that feb 2005 is shipping.

I've contacted them to say I've still not had nov and dec 2004.

Will keep you posted...

Pete

Hi all

Well I've just finished work and found that I had three woodworking mags in the post today.

PWW - November and December

GWW - Issue 158

Hoorah
Neil

The only problem is that I'm too tired to read them. :roll:

Back