Polyurethane Varnish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adramelech

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Can someone please point me in right direction.
I am looking for Polyurethane Exterior Varnish, Oil Based, Matt, Clear.
Everything I check is either water base or High Glossy.

You should be able to find matt and satin polyurethane - solvent based - without too much trouble.
For a lot of the work I do, I find that a 50 : 50 mix of gloss and satin, produces a pleasing result

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention, I live in the UK.
After a deep search was not able to find anything that with all those properties, polyurethane exterior matt clear oil/solvent based. I might doing something wrong like matt could be call flat or something else.

Hello everyone.

Hello,
Blackfriars and Ronseal make it so it you go to their website they might be able to find a stockist. You can add talcum powder to tone down the gloss in a gloss varnish.
Regards

Sadolin Polyurethane Extra Durable Varnish is available in matt, satin & gloss. £24 a litre, available from Brewers and good paint suppliers. It is a quick drying polyurethane varnish.

Regards

Ronseal satin yacht varnish … can use as a wipe on if mixed with white spirit . For first coat something like 30 : 70 ratio so it soaks right in . A few 50 : 50 thereafter and you can get very nice results for exterior work.

Hello everyone.

Hello,
I don’t know if you saw my previous message but what I have done in the past is add talcum powder to high gloss varnish, it works well, one gets a nice satin finish. The other way is to flat the gloss with some fine wire wool
Regards

Hello,
I don’t know if you saw my previous message but what I have done in the past is add talcum powder to high gloss varnish, it works well, one gets a nice satin finish. The other way is to flat the gloss with some fine wire wool
Regards
I have seen it but I am away today from my pc where I usually answer emails and other massages. Thank you very much for that tip.

Google Johnstones matt woodstain. A trade low build product available in CLEAR, also in satin. This is interior/exterior grade, solvent based. For durability outside 2 topcoats of satin clear is reccomended, the low build product aiding penetration and adhesion of topcoat.

Google Johnstones matt woodstain. A trade low build product available in CLEAR, also in satin. This is interior/exterior grade, solvent based. For durability outside 2 topcoats of satin clear is reccomended, the low build product aiding penetration and adhesion of topcoat.
Thanks I will check this out.

Latest posts

Back