Plug cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get an 8mm (NOT No 8) plug cutter for occasional use? Over the years, have accumulated most sizes, except for 8mm, which was needed yesterday. There seem to be various cheap sets, which are probably the best solution, or single cutters for silly money. Anything else?

Anyone know where I can get an 8mm (NOT No 8) plug cutter for occasional use? Over the years, have accumulated most sizes, except for 8mm, which was needed yesterday. There seem to be various cheap sets, which are probably the best solution, or single cutters for silly money. Anything else?

You will get the Veritas 8 mm tapered cutter off Amazon/Axminster for about £20. They are better than the Chinese bits but need a reasonably deep counterbore hole to sung up in the mid section of the plug. When you are feeling flush I'd suggest investing in a matching Wealden counterbore cutter and plug which are TCT tipped and last a lifetime.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back