planning application again question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
If a flat roof height is limited to 3 mtrs. and the building is to go on a sloping site.

~The front of the building is at its legal height of 3 mtrs but because of the land slope the back end might reach 4 mtrs from its ground level does that mean you must only be 2 mtrs. high at the front to accommodate this problem?

Don't see how, haven't you got to have a minimum of 2m headroom inside new builds? At least that's what we were told with relevance to a loft conversion a couple of years ago. I suspect it's one of those questions you'll only get a definitive answer for from the planning authority.

MarkW":1u0u900i said:
Don't see how, haven't you got to have a minimum of 2m headroom inside new builds? At least that's what we were told with relevance to a loft conversion a couple of years ago. I suspect it's one of those questions you'll only get a definitive answer for from the planning authority.

The most obvious thing is to contact you local planning department, and ask for advice.

I would have thought that it would be from ground level at the base of the structure,so not affected by surrounding land levels ; however,as already mentioned,the planning department get the last say anyway,so if in doubt,ask :D

Andrew

Back