Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Richard, I do have lots of difficult grain to deal with so I am looking forward to the results. I was very impressed with the Cloud Maple that Peter Sefton put through his machine.

I have now got my new toy and I must say I am very impressed with it. Firstly, Axminsters delivery driver was great, really helpful in getting the machine into the workshop. It took approximately two hours to assemble all the bits and pieces and get it onto the mobile base. The tables were spot on, so no fiddling or fettling to do. I put a lump of 2" Ash through it to try it out. I could not believe how quiet it is, it is quieter than my bandsaw! As for the finish...no ribs waves or digs...a flick over with 150g and on with the sanding sealer!

I don't know how Felder survive in the UK, as they don't really seem interested in selling machines.

You can't find prices easily, and when you ring them up they say someone will get back to you.

Earlier last year I was in the market for a new panel saw, I am still waiting for Felder to quote (bought an SCM one in the end).

Later last year I was buying an edgebander and the the same happened again, (SCM again)

I get about 2 or 3 calls a year from them asking if I need any machinery, but when you call them they are not interested.

So they lost out on about £25K of machines from me alone last year.

I will not give them another chance now as if they are not interested in machines, what are they going to be like for spares if you need something in a hurry.

Wow there sales team would be sick reading this! I agree about the spares. I can imagine they would not give a hoot once the cheques cleared.

Latest posts

Back