Pippy oak Kitchen (sort of WIP)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mooeee":111qkzfm said:
Hi

Do you use the Osmo PolyX oil on the inside of the cabinets aswell???

Mooeee

Hi Mooeee (nice name!)

The carcases were all made by a carcass manufacturer and were veneered MDF and pre finished in lacquer.

There are 2 open cabinets that I made from pippy veneered oak/mdf and they are finished with Osmo.

:)

looking good. Just out of interest how do you find using the domino against using the associated tooling for say a spindle or router table?

I love pippy oak, in fact i have also bought a load of that for stock.

Hi Mark,

I find the domino a lot quicker and I think creates a better joint. The spindle moulder/router table option would be a scribed joined and I am not really a fan. If you look at my doors I have a small ovolo moulding on the rails/stiles, I mitre this as part of the rail/stile. Much nicer IMHO :) plus I don't need lots of scribe sets for different profiles.

This is my order of work for doors, just for interest :).

Prepare timber and cut all rails/stiles to length
Domino all joints
Cut the mitres (sliding table over the router table with a 45 deg cutter.
Machine the moulding
Machine the groove for the panel.
Job done.

Over the years I have done all other methods and this I have found ( for me anyway) is the most versatile, strongest and fastest way. (compared to a scribed joint for strength and standard mortice/tenon for speed)

Back