PIPES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicktimber

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have problems fitting extraction hoses to different power tool?
I seem to have purchased power tools with different diameter dust outlet pipes.
What's the best way to adapt them all to fit a single diameter extractor?

Mike

Mike,
The easiest way I found was to modify all the outlets to a single standard 4" fitting, but have recently seen Axminster sell an adaptor that goes from 4" to 2". I believe they do other size adaptors as well.

Jock

Mike,

I got some flexible rubber adaptors with a B&Q shop vac, work for some kit, I think you could use big heat shrink sleeving or bits of radiator hose.
I have cut up an old leather belt and use that to shim up or down some spouts, of course duct tape is your friend here and a strip of it holds for a long time. :D

If there is a big difference in size then a disc of ply or mdf that fits the big hole with a small hole drilled in it to match the other one works well.

Dave,
Was it the belt from your trousers???
It made me laugh...visions of you hobbling round the workshop with your trousers round your ankles!!!!
Just shows we all use belt and braces tactics when we have a problem.....(belts and braces...do you get it!!!!!???????)
I think I will try the scrap yard for some radiator hose, which is a good idea.
Then Axminster if that doesn't work!!!!

Mike.....

busy builder":10sv6jhp said:
Bit like your footwear eh ?
Well the concept is old but the design is quite new, the clog in my avatar is based on a welsh flap clog but is modified to my own ideas, the style is even named after me. Take a look here about 1/3 of the way down.
I know not everyone gets on wearing clogs but I find the comfort level very high, just takes a while for your feet to get used to the wood not bending. I find the support is great, I can dig or stand on a ladder without my feet complaining and they insulate me from the cold ground. :D

Er can you tell I am a big fan of clogs. :roll:

dicktimber":b3dtluel said:
Does anyone have problems fitting extraction hoses to different power tool?
I seem to have purchased power tools with different diameter dust outlet pipes.
What's the best way to adapt them all to fit a single diameter extractor?

Mike

Axminster do a stepped reducer fitting which is good for fitting to different sized ports on power tool. The reducer fits onto the hose and the appropriate size step just plugs into the power tool - Rob

Back