Pigeon scarer wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with nets and cages, these creatures are not daft where food is concerned.
We are plagued by crows and doves, as well as the usual rogues, and the only answer seems to be to keep the blighters
out in the first place! Regards Rodders

First what are they wood's or feral's? Wood pigeons are very clever (i do a spot of shooting) if wood's get a couple of flock wood pigeons decoys and lay them on there side, but you need to move them every day, bit of an old guy fawlks, old broom handle painted black to make look like a gun, sit him up against a shed and the wont go near it. If feral's, they are as thick as poo, you can shoot them and the rest will fly away and be back down in 5 mins. If you can get permission on the land, an air rifle will give you hours of enjoyment and sort them out. And if wood pigeons, you can eat them.

megga":17ham70b said:
First what are they wood's or feral's? Wood pigeons are very clever (i do a spot of shooting) if wood's get a couple of flock wood pigeons decoys and lay them on there side, but you need to move them every day, bit of an old guy fawlks, old broom handle painted black to make look like a gun, sit him up against a shed and the wont go near it. If feral's, they are as thick as poo, you can shoot them and the rest will fly away and be back down in 5 mins. If you can get permission on the land, an air rifle will give you hours of enjoyment and sort them out. And if wood pigeons, you can eat them.

One of the allotment owners used to go there early every morning to shoot the pigeons but he's moved to warmer and wetter climes - Somerset. We (she) has decided I am going to make some frames covered in net that she can easily move so she can get in to do the weeding. Thanks for all the tips.

Not quite what I was expecting. With a title like 'pidgin scarer wanted' and a first line of 'its time for the wife to go to the allotment' I thought you had come up with your own solution.

Back