Photoshop cs5

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, but upgrades these days do not have the gigantic leaps of technology that occurred in the nineties.
I suppose they want a hundred pounds plus to upgrade?

I'm with you on that one, dw.

Bloatware, it's called. Trouble is they have to do it otherwise their businesses will fail as once everyone has bought the product, their revenue streams dry up.

I use CS2 and when I upgraded my Canon from the 20D to 40D it will not support the new Canon Raw files.
Very annoyed that they do not provide format upgrades but no way am I going to upgrade to 4 or 5 at those prices!!

Rod

Rod,

You don't need to upgrade to use your new raw files. Just download the free Adobe DNG converter and then CS2 will read the converted files.

regards

Brian

Thanks Brian I will try that.

I did try some other conversion software (cannot remember what offhand?) but the results were poor and the picture quality deteriorated.
At the moment taking both RAW and JPEG and storing them.

Rod

PS - just downloaded it and it works a treat - thanks again Brian

Another thing you will notice about the DNG files that the converter gives you is that the XMP data is stored with the image file and not as a separate sidecar file - means you can't lose your changes by accidentally deleting the sidecar file.

regards

Brian

Latest posts

Back