Philly's Stamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenW

Established Member
Reaction score
Question for Philly....

Were did you get the tool to do those nice initial stamps in your planes? Always looks nice and a nice way to mark ones work.

Can you buy them or were they a one off special?

I assume its some kind of stamp or do you carve them all by hand :? :shock:

Cheers

Darren

I think Philly uses a set of individual alphabet stamps, reasonably easy to get hold of in different sizes, but no doubt he'll be along later to 'yay' or 'nay' :) - Rob

This is a bit off topic, but the most amzing coincidence happened just before Christmas:

I was looking round a car boot sale and spotted one of those name punches that all old woodworkers used to mark their tools with. And damn me the surname was same as mine :shock: :shock: - cost me 20p :lol: :lol:

What helps when using these sort of stamps is to cramp a straight baton (say a bit of 18mdf) to the workpiece and then hold the stamps against it. This not only ensures that the stamps are vertical but that they will be in line - Rob

lurker":305uznzn said:
This is a bit off topic, but the most amzing coincidence happened just before Christmas:

I was looking round a car boot sale and spotted one of those name punches that all old woodworkers used to mark their tools with. And damn me the surname was same as mine :shock: :shock: - cost me 20p :lol: :lol:

WOW WOW WOW!

BugBear

Ray Iles makes name stamps, as far as I know. I don't remember where I read it, must have been on eBay on his tool store as the info isn't on his web pages.

Pekka

My dad was like you lurker, mum always reckoned if he fell into cess pit he'd come up smelling of Chanel No 5! :lol:

Roy.

Hi,

I think I will just change my name to Marples. :wink:

Pete (marples)

Oh, it's not you. The forum's team of Admin are helping fight the the good fight against terrorists or some such by deliberately breaking new members' posts with a dumb robot doorman we affectionately(?) call the Spaminator. I don't think anyone's ever seen it prevent any actual spam, but it's quite good at taking out the occasional bus shelter/busy market place/Brazilian electrician.

Once you've posted a few more times it will leave you alone.

MrJay":u5t6v0te said:
I don't think anyone's ever seen it prevent any actual spam,

Once you've posted a few more times it will leave you alone.

How would you know unless you had administrative rights over the installation and were able to see the log files? You might find that it prevents spam on a daily basis. It might be interesting to see how much it actually catches.

Cheers Mike

Indeed it would.

My guess is that the forums get very very little and the Spaminator is something of a cold war relic that, in these happy days of more relaxed administrative style and 'Report Post!' buttons, ought to be consigned to the history bin. It's a pretty lousy way to welcome new members in my book.

But I could be wrong.

Back