Parquet Floor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiler99

Established Member
Reaction score
I have almost finished laying a smallish area of reclaimed parquet floor. i am left with just a few gaps here and there. I have read that a mix of wood adhesive and the dust from cutting the blocks can be used as a filler. Has anyone used this method, if so what adhesive?
I would also like to rout out a groove inbetween the border and the diagonal blocks and insert a contrasting strip. Any thoughts on that?
I am not sure what the wood is, different people tell me different types. All i can say is its a reddish/brown sort of Cherry/Cedar ??

I've just layed 26m2 of reclaimed parquet and it was a nightmare.... found damp under the orginal laminate floor etc and cleaning up 2000 blocks took a while

anyhow ......... don't use glue and wood dust as when you finish the floor the glue will show

you need to usee a proper filler like Lecol 7500 ........ This is mixed again with the sanding dust and is compatable with parquet floor finishes. I'm going to be using hardwax-oil as the finish. The Lecol 7500 is a clear celluose solution that when mixed with the sander dust makes the filler. After a lot of research and talking to a pro fitter he said sand at 40grit to level the floor. Sand at 80 grit and mix with the 7500 and fill the big gaps then plaster the whole floor with it. Sand again at 120grit, at this point apply the hardwax oil ........ However if using varnish etc sand again at a higher grit before applying the finish.

In terms of routing a groove I'd instantly go for my EZ rail system as I've got the SRK router setup

Hope this is of some help

The wood could be iroko ....... when cut or sanded does it become a lot lighter in colour
Ian

Thanks for that, i had read about Lecol 7500 but cant find a local stockist yet.

I wouldnt say the wood was that much lighter when cut so not sure if it was iroko.
Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back