Parking at Gatwick

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christoph clark

Established Member
Reaction score
Off on my Holls in July from Gatwick. wondered which was the best and cheapest parking. I don't want a hotel with free parking as the flight is in the afternoon.
:?:

hi chris,

just google gatwick parking and it will give you your answer, we use the summer time special which is normally about £40.

woodbutcher

The fact that it's free doen't mean that it's the best. Thanks for the info but I would rather pay something and have my car there when I return. :?

I can't recommend anyone at Gatwick, my parents live close enough that we park there and go in by train right into the terminal, but when we've gone from Stansted we've used a 'meet and greet' service; surprisingly it can work out cheaper than some of the on-site and off-site car parks and is fantastically convenient so it might be something to consider.
Whatever you do have a great holiday!

christoph clark":19ux99tr said:
The fact that it's free doen't mean that it's the best. Thanks for the info but I would rather pay something and have my car there when I return. :?

Actually, its quite a good spot. Besides, when you've left the "secure" car-park on the bus - where do you think they drive it out to and park it up for the week?

You may think I'm joking, I used to work on an industrial unit on a local farm, and they would employ these 17 year kids to drive them over and park 'em up for a week in the cattle sheds. They'd come and pick them up in a gang, having been dropped off in a mini-bus, and they'd all line up in the farm enterance revving them so high (whilst cold) it used to make me weep. Then they'd race them back to the car park just ready for the return flights!

I won't even mention when the cows got out and ran amok in there.

Thats just one example, other companies park them on Manor Royal. They caught one lot by putting a GPS in. They were belting up and down the M23 whilst the owner f the car was on holiday oblivious to it all.

I see another lot having started using the forecourt of a local garage (which shut down) which is totally open to the public - they simply pull a car across it each night - which is hardly secure.

So it may be worth selecting one where you take your keys away with you - as you know it should stay "put" for a week.

Adam

In the old days I used to take the rotor arm out of the distributor !

Dont know what I would do now ?

Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back