Osmo Polyx over tung oil.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffflinger

Established Member
Reaction score
Just started preparing some 100+ old pine flooring ready to put down in our cottage. I have had to go back to bare wood as the boards were old roof boards and were painted.

I am doing some test boards at the moment and have tried the Osmo amber tinted oil with clear Polyx over the top. Colourwise it's very similar to an old pine mantle we have above the the fire place but it hasn't popped the grain any near as well as a single coat of tung oil.

So would I be able to put a couple of coats of clear Polyx over boards finished with an application of Tung Oil?

I will call Osmo on Monday and see but I really need to find a solution as the tinted Polyx is too flat looking.

Additionally does anybody know if there are UV inhibitors in Poyx as I would like the flooring to age over time?

Thanks in advance!

Osmo do a hard wax oil (good for floors) and a UV protecting oil for outdoors, both for separate uses, if you want it to age then use the Hard wax Oil.

Oil on top of another Oil is ok.

Andy

Back