Orbital Sander under £200.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parbynat

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend an orbital sander that is quieter than most other sanders, holds a 5" disc and is priced upto £200.

I currently have a bosch orbital sander priced at around £55 but unfortunately the other day my friendly next door neighbour jokingly commented about the noise I was making from my backyard.

Thanks

I just bought a sealey random orbital, its variable speed & pretty quiet on lowest setting.
If if lasts half as long as the sealey er150 it replaced I will be happy, i bought that one in 1995!

I've got the aldi/ferrex one, it's surprisingly good for £20 so far so good, it's definitely not quiet though, but at that cost you can't complain lol

Do you mean random orbital sander? I have a metabo 6" and it is bulletproof. I'd recommend that and pair it with Abranet discs and you are sorted

I have a 5" DeWalt - I must admit I'm not going to switch it on outdoors today.:LOL:
You're obviously a gentleman. My neigbour on the other hand spent his extra public holiday alternating between a circular saw and a nail gun. My wife hid the key to the shotgun cabinet, just to be safe.

I use a Makita sander and it's much quieter than my previous sanders I had. Very well balanced. Also have the Makita 18v one and that's even quieter.

Another thumbs up for the Sealey one from me as well, very quiet on the slower speeds and not too bad on the faster ones either, under £200 and has a 3 year guarantee,

Have a look at the Peter Millard comparison video on YouTube where he compares the Sealey to a Chines clone.

Can someone recommend an orbital sander that is quieter than most other sanders, holds a 5" disc and is priced upto £200.

I currently have a bosch orbital sander priced at around £55 but unfortunately the other day my friendly next door neighbour jokingly commented about the noise I was making from my backyard.

Thanks
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milwaukee-...s=150mm+orbital+sander&qid=1663627476&sr=8-10
This or the original from Metabo ive one of them had long time and awesome bit of kit and friend loved mine and but next version on.
Dewalt have/had them made for them also under £200!
you get two orbit sizes and use a hoover with them ive a Henry makes them quieter plus more effective as keeps discs clean and cooler so no bobbles from what sanding

Another thumbs up for the Sealey one from me as well, very quiet on the slower speeds and not too bad on the faster ones either, under £200 and has a 3 year guarantee,

Have a look at the Peter Millard comparison video on YouTube where he compares the Sealey to a Chines clone.

The Sealey is a Chinese clone most of there gear is made there!
Friend is a Mechanic at Royal Mail/Parcel Farce manager told them can't use any of there own tools like Mag/Snap on/Bhaco etc but have to use Sealey as he'd got a bung!
Amount of broken tools plus failed jobs!!!
Plus mechanics had made/customised tools for particular jobs that worked and saved time.

Most stuff is made in China these days, even things by some well known and respected makers have many of their tools or parts within made in China and then boxed and marketed as if they made everything in their own factory, which is simply not true.

Latest posts

Back