Opinions on Virutex AB181. Is it worth keeping?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You seem to be on the hunt for something that totally satisfies your requirements and making it an expensive journey but cannot find it. What are you making or doing so we have a better idea of your objectives. If you are into making knock down furniture which a Zeta P2 suggest where the final assembly can be done on site then a good source of info can be had from @petermillard and his video's. I have tried the Domino approach but now use dowels, might not be the fastest but it is certainly the most precise and repeatable for me.

Well, I like collecting second hand joinery machines. Small tables and chairs are my current objectives. I have seen videos on Zeta P2 before. I have not seen much on Virutex. Seems like an unpopular brand and NEY's service was not impressive.
Are you suggesting Mafell's dowelling machine is a better catch?

Are you suggesting Mafell's dowelling machine is a better catch
The Mafell brand is known for it's quality and the duo doweller is readily available in the UK, Mafell Duo-Doweler Joiner & Accessories at around £875.

The maximum drilling depth is 40mm at 32mm spacing which for sheet goods is fine but for me I use doweling jigs to give complete control over both depth and spacings using larger section timber. With the Jessem jig I can use 12mm dowels and drill to 75mm when needed.

If you want a doweling machine for it's speed then go for the Mafell, don't look at the Triton .

Back