Operating problems may be a silly question but......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Workshop Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I was given a rexon ss16sa scroll saw by a friend. I didn't come with any blades (bar one broken one still mounted). I have tried to fit a new blade but they don't feel like they are fitting correctly. When I did get one mounted and started the machine the blade was bending by about an inch in the middle when the machine was oscillating. It looks like the top and bottom are moving out of sync. A search of the forum shows a few others have had this problem with this machine but there was no answer as to why. Would any of you more knowledgeable people be any blend to point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a silly question and the solution is obvious

Any chance of you posting a photo of your saw, If we can see it we may be able to spot any faults. Did you tension the blade correctly? as if it bends about so much it sounds like the blade is slack normally when the blades are tight the will only move slightly when you press on them.
A close up photo of the blade clamps and the tension knob will help.

Cheers
Brian

have you "tensioned" it at the back? there should be a knob which will tighten the bars back together, if that's undone the 2 arms don't move together and the blade bends as you say.

Tension was the issue. The knob has a quick release cam and moving this a few times I noticed the rotational aspect of the adjuster was very stiff. A quick clean etc and we are up an running. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Excellent. While your at this cleaning malarci, give it a good go over and add some lube to the joints and rotary bits. They do cut nicely when they've just been serviced, bit like a sewing machine, but manly. Lol

Back