One of those Days

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimB

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a mess. It started with the weather - absolutely perfect blue skies, nice and warm. The sort of day that reminds me how much I dislike gardening. So I hid away in the shed.
I couldn't settle to anything in the turning line so I thought I'd fix the fastener on the bandsaw door. Couldn't find the pop riveter. It took me an hour climbing over wood and other stuff before it came to light. Then the rivets hid themselves. Couldn't find them at all and besides the drill needed charging.
Went indoors and suggested we went for a walk. Now that was pleasant especially as I'd organised the route past the hardware shop and managed to stock up on rivets.
Perhaps I'll get something done today. :D

Your shed sounds like mine - things conspire to hide themselves when they know I'm looking for them. I never knew before that tools could be self-aware and independently mobile.
I seriously need to do some tidying up.
K

I think we're were separated at birth!

I've just installed a spanking new shed, (storage, not workshop), which is twice the size of the previous one and already SWMBO seems to have designs on what's going in it. So my cunning plan?

Fill it quickly and dramatically with all my treasures, heaviest at the front so she can't get in there.

Can't find the decorating tools now..... Oh well, I reckon the house could go another year as it is. :---)

There is an unwritten law which states that no matter how much space you have you will always accumulate more than enough rubbish to fill it.I started with an 8 x 6 foot shed, then got a 20 x 10 foot garage and now have a workshop and an 11 metre by 8 metre barn and still cant find any space to put something down. The opportunities for losing things have also multiplied :)

JimB":c4zme9mb said:
Yesterday was a mess. It started with the weather - absolutely perfect blue skies, nice and warm. The sort of day that reminds me how much I dislike gardening. So I hid away in the shed.
I couldn't settle to anything in the turning line so I thought I'd fix the fastener on the bandsaw door. Couldn't find the pop riveter. It took me an hour climbing over wood and other stuff before it came to light. Then the rivets hid themselves. Couldn't find them at all and besides the drill needed charging.
Went indoors and suggested we went for a walk. Now that was pleasant especially as I'd organised the route past the hardware shop and managed to stock up on rivets.
Perhaps I'll get something done today. :D

I though the answer to everyone's problems in that part of the world was a 'Tinny' and a 'Barby'?

Andy

andersonec":26jg9r97 said:
I though the answer to everyone's problems in that part of the world was a 'Tinny' and a 'Barby'?
Andy
Getting too old besides too far away from water for a tinny to appeal :D Floating on any water round here is to be surrounded by mosquitoes and I'm too delicate for that. As for barbies, meat charred on the outside, bloody inside and garnished with blowflies has less appeal these days than a bottle of plonk in the shade. If I'm going to fight nature I prefer to arm myself with a chainsaw and bring it home to play with. :mrgreen:

Well I'm still trying to sort my shed out. I'm putting up shelves just about everywhere possible - every little helps (as they say in Tesco). I'm also removing everything that isn't directly workshop related out of the workshop and into an adjacent storage shed - which is beginning to get difficult to walk through now, However that shed is of secondary importance. My workshop is about 18 ft x 39 ft and guess what - it's too small. At least. it's too small until I get it sorted. Now that's what I call a WIP.

K

Back