One of those days.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Paul.

Normally Super Glue comes in Thin - Medium - Thick. Basically used for the different times of setting. Thin sets the quickest, Thick sets the slowest. Thin is like water and soaks or seeps into almost anything that is porous.

The ones I normally use are from a firm in Liverpool. '5 Star Adhesives' they also sell on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/StarLoc-Five-Star-Adhesives-FMK_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

UAKD I just made it up, 'Unless Anyone Knows Different' saves typing. :)

Well Axminster came up trumps again.Received my 2 new locking handles for the lathe.Much stronger and better.M10 thread,just need cutting down a bit.Well pleased with them.See piccy.The newer one is the one on the right.

Also phoned D&M Tools about my bowl gouge,they phoned Record and have asked me to send it back to Record.
Don't know if it's worth the trouble.Got nothing to pack it up with,plus the fact our local PO has been closed down.Might just leave it and see how it goes.
Paul.J.

Wotcha Paul.

Are those handles metal? If so I could do with getting a couple.

Good morning Tam.
No the handle itself is plastic,strong though and they have got a much more positive spring lock when adjusting,than the originals.
The item number is 510455 on the Axminster site.
Paul.J.

Latest posts

Back